any interest in a Akai GX95

Have a gx95, packed away, really can't see me using it,just had it serviced about a year ago, so has a clean bill of health.

Was thinking of listing it for sale, but have no idea of it's value, don't want to look like a idiot and ask too much but also don't want to give it away .

I am the original owner, so any ideas on its value?

cheers Greg

yeah, thanks, that's what I thought, but seeing they were expensive in the day,
might just leave it in the cupboard.
who knows, maybe become a collector's piece [emoji2]

There are a few recent overseas Ebay sales for around $800 AUD, and a local Ebay listing for $1000 or make an offer. Unfortunately I have no experience with tape decks and can’t say if these prices reflect the Aussie market appetite for this model. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

As you say, if you can find a collector focussed on this brand and model then you might get many hundreds and up to $1,000 or even more. However, the more realistic market is people just looking for a good 3 head deck who seem willing to pay a few hundred if the deck is in good cosmetic and working order, maybe less if it has been stored and unused for a long time...

that's the deck all right, was just serviced and cleaned before I placed the original post. 

Seems a waste to have it storage, crazy prices being asked for them, may list it ,certainly will not be asking those high prices 

• 1 year later...