SOLD: FS: Giesler Fein II DAC

SOLD

Item: Giesler Fein II (USB Input Version) 
Price: $1900 + FEES + Shipping  
Item Condition: 9/10 - Excellent condition, As new (plastic screen protector still in place) 
Reason for selling: Consolidating Second System 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

First things first: this is a serious piece of kit. For those in the know this isn't a statement that should surprise given the Fein II is currently Clay's TOTL DAC. Comprising of an internal Kraftwerk Gold Tune power supply in the main-board and separate VREF supplies for the left and right channels the Fein II sounds spectacular.  

The only reason I'm selling it is that the system it's in simply doesn't get enough hours of critical listening from me to justify having components of this quality. 

I've owned my fair share of DAC's: Chords DAVE, HugoTT2 and Hugo2, MSB Analog with Power-base, Metrum Pavane and the list goes on. To my ears I've found the DAC's I've listened to fall into two categories, namely: Extremely resolving with an almost lit-up tonality or organic and fleshed out with texture while giving up little by way of resolution. The Fein II falls into the second category.

In comparing the Fein II to the HugoTT2 and BluMk2 (a $20K digital front end) I run in my reference system one would be forgiven for asking me why I'm not selling the HugoTT2 + Blu Mk2 and not keeping the Fein II. To my ears the Fein II is the more natural and organic sounding of the two solutions. There's an ease of tone that shouldn't be mistaken for rolled off high-frequency extension or limited resolution. No, the Fein II is as resolving as Chords offerings, but stops short of accentuating the leading edges of any information above 10Khz. In place of that pursuit of detail is a level of tonal saturation that never fails to let me simply melt into my listening experiences. The reality though (in this market) is that I'm more likely to sell the Fein II for $1900 that I am to sell the Chord TT2 + Blu Mk2 combo for $19K. Lastly the Hugo TT2 also has a high current Headphone Amplifier that I use daily. 

The price on the unit is firm. As I was an early adopter I took advantage of a discount that I'm now passing on through the revised sale price. 

For more information please read through the following thread:

Photos: 

20190728_183724.thumb.jpg.572a27f9af027b1d286a4c1df3e53d7d.jpg

20190728_183708.thumb.jpg.2ffe4b0fd905c487c7794048e3f5d223.jpg

Edited by Galactic Soap
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

For those of you who might laugh at the comments above comparing the Fein II to the HugoTT2 and BluMk2, well don't. It's not a stretch to make that statement. I compared the Fein (not Mk2) to a Hugo TT2 + MScaler combination and there wasnt much in it... some areas the Fein was better, some the Chord combination, but there wasnt much in it... you had to really focus to listen for the differences. Infact I suspect the limiting factor comparing the DACs was my system. I was left scratching my head wondering why I should spend more. The version up for sale is the Mk2 which is better again. Unless you have a mega-buck system that is well sorted and pushing the boundaries of what is possible and you could clearly hear the differences between DACs, the Fein II is your most affordable way to get into a ridiculously good DAC.  All the best with the sale. Who ever buys this DAC will have a silly grin on their face when they start listening to it.

Edited by Max Headroom
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Galactic Soap said:

Item: Giesler Fein II (USB Input Version) 
Price: $1900 + FEES + Shipping  
Item Condition: 9/10 - Excellent condition, As new (plastic screen protector still in place) 
Reason for selling: Consolidating Second System 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

First things first: this is a serious piece of kit. For those in the know this isn't a statement that should surprise given the Fein II is currently Clay's TOTL DAC. Comprising of an internal Kraftwerk Gold Tune power supply in the main-board and separate VREF supplies for the left and right channels the Fein II sounds spectacular.  

The only reason I'm selling it is that the system it's in simply doesn't get enough hours of critical listening from me to justify having components of this quality. 

I've owned my fair share of DAC's: Chords DAVE, HugoTT2 and Hugo2, MSB Analog with Power-base, Metrum Pavane and the list goes on. To my ears I've found the DAC's I've listened to fall into two categories, namely: Extremely resolving with an almost lit-up tonality or organic and fleshed out with texture while giving up little by way of resolution. The Fein II falls into the second category.

In comparing the Fein II to the HugoTT2 and BluMk2 (a $20K digital front end) I run in my reference system one would be forgiven for asking me why I'm not selling the HugoTT2 + Blu Mk2 and not keeping the Fein II. To my ears the Fein II is the more natural and organic sounding of the two solutions. There's an ease of tone that shouldn't be mistaken for rolled off high-frequency extension or limited resolution. No, the Fein II is as resolving as Chords offerings, but stops short of accentuating the leading edges of any information above 10Khz. In place of that pursuit of detail is a level of tonal saturation that never fails to let me simply melt into my listening experiences. The reality though (in this market) is that I'm more likely to sell the Fein II for $1900 that I am to sell the Chord TT2 + Blu Mk2 combo for $19K. Lastly the Hugo TT2 also has a high current Headphone Amplifier that I use daily. 

The price on the unit is firm. As I was an early adopter I took advantage of a discount that I'm now passing on through the revised sale price. 

For more information please read through the following thread:

Photos: 

Well done on describing the sound signature of the Gieseler Dac it is spot on.  This is excellent buying and you don't need to spend any more money on PSUs since it has such a good internal unit.

• Like 1