Sign in to follow this  
Cosy Cool

Turntable advice please

On 29/07/2019 at 10:38 PM, Cosy Cool said:

I could buy a lifter but the ones I’ve seen look a bit fiddly and I’ve heard they aren’t reliable (comments welcome). 

https://www.musicdirect.com/analog-accessories/expressimo-audio-the-lift-tonearm-lifter

I have one of these on my Sansui SR929 works perfectly as long as you follow the install instructions youtube video.

Can also recommend the Pioneer DP60L awesome tables with all the features you require I sold mine to @Mungbean66 I think he's pretty happy with it.  

0E60B5E2-A523-4197-AD60-20AB6CF49987.jpeg

Edited by BATMAQN

There are always risks associated with buying vintage gear, and turntables are no exception. There are a number of DP-60’s that are sold from Japan that have been fully serviced and it makes sense to pay a little extra to buy from one of the known reputable sellers.

The DP-59 thread you linked is a little less relevant as that is a different turntable with an electronic servo tonearm which can be problematic with age. I’d caution against 40 year old decks with servo controlled tonearms.

I’ve owned the Denon DP-60 for around 4 years and it hasn’t missed a beat. I’ve owned my Sony PS-8750 for 12 years and likewise, never had an issue. They are both used almost daily

and sound excellent.

If you want a guarantee, buy new with warranty. If you want something with vintage appeal that, in my opinion, will perform dramatically better (for the same dollars) but not have that guarantee, there are many great options. Pioneer, Kenwood, Denon, Victor, Yamaha and Sony amongst others, all built fabulous direct drives in the 80’s. If you do your research and buy from the right source, you will be amply rewarded.

7 hours ago, BATMAQN said:

Can also recommend the Denon DP60L awesome tables with all the features you require I sold mine to @Mungbean66 I think he's pretty happy with it.

The Denon was a huge step up from my entry level TT.

It also looks and sounds amazing. It's become the centre piece of my stereo. 

I honestly never enjoyed my vinyl until I upgraded to this turntable. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)