New Electronics toolbox

Goodaye all

Need a  new toolbox to keep my electronics tools and stuff in.

Had  a cheap plastic cantalever tackle box which lasted years and would prefer to stick to a plastic cantalever type but cant find a suitable one.

What do other people use?

l have  a old Sidchrome metal one here but electronics gear in metal just doesnt feel right.

regards Bruce

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sloper said:

What do other people use?

OK, more seriously than my previous response.  One setup that works is to get a large aluminium suitcase, the sort with the grey foam in them that you tear sections out of (often used for cameras etc).  Set up the larger pieces, like soldering station, multimeter, etc, first and then have general sections where collections of screwdrivers etc all live.

3 hours ago, aussievintage said:

I have two large workbenches that I leave my tools all strewn across, scattered between various test equipment.  Occasionally I put a tool on the pegboard behind one of the benches :)

Haha...me too.  Sometimes I look at my empty 'shadow' board behind my work bench and think about how long it took me to set-up for me to just leave tools wherever I last used them...

Goodaye all

l have a large garage with benches and 3 large tool boxes already.

l dont do electronics in my garage but my study which l have set up a corner.

Still dont like the idea of a metal toolbox and still havent found a larger plastic cantelever type.

Still keep looking.

regards Bruce

• 2 weeks later...