The Voice Australia 2019

Never... Delta has a world-class voice. The 2019 winner sang rather poorly in the final, off-key, straining in the high notes and making a harsh sound - as she often does when she goes high... Not a fan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, was_a said:

Never... Delta has a world-class voice. The 2019 winner sang rather poorly in the final, off-key, straining in the high notes and making a harsh sound - as she often does when she goes high... Not a fan.

....cant wait to see your live audition.....

Delta world class voice.........:unsure:

Nah, she sang two other songs in the grand final. This one, 'Hallelujah', ain't bad although she tries too hard at the end and things do get rather strange and un-beautiful... She was NOT good in the grand final, yet the huge TV audience voted her the winner. And voted out two or three WONDERFUL singers. The concept is flawed IMO.

I haven't watched a single minute of MasterChef, MKR, Idol, Voice, Choice, "My Block is is Blockier than your Block" - Block, My Kilos have lost more Kilos than your Kilos and you-ever-had Kilos etc .... for nigh on 10 years - as it is all the same show pretending to be something else, and worse they all are BAD as they appeal to the lowest common denominator, lowest urges, a mob mentality (of kill the em-effing weak) and present a surrogate of a "hero's journey" week in week out for the viewership. In the short run this can feel good and very quickly becomes addictive and feels even better as long as you consume it continually. Check it - in the TV calendar there isn't a break of 1 day where these shows aren't running in at least 1 incarnation. It's the modern day "Panem et Circensem" - bread and games with let them eat cake to boot.

So don't know exactly what has gone on in the Voice 2019 as per the thread, however based on previously watching 1st seasons of MasterChef, MKR, Idol and Block - I will elaborate further via a misappropriated and bastardised Allan Ginsberg as follows  (poorly of course, don't get yer freekin' hopes up):

Said the Discerning Viewer skeleton
I won't watch this landfill

Said the TV exec skeleton
Yes you will

Said the SNA Poster skeleton
I object
Said SNA Admin skeleton
Whaddya expect

Said the Network skeleton
Our cash-cow is cute and tries
Said the Advertising skeleton
Don't get wise!

Said the Media skeleton
Cash-cow for you, not me
Said the Couch-potato skeleton
Cash-cow vote-y vote-y

Said the TV skeleton
Eat sound bites
Said the Newscast skeleton
That's all Goodnight

Said Paul Mac guitar skeleton

E-E-E-A-E

E-E-E-B7-E

• Like 1

Check out the 15 Million Merits episode of Black Mirror, it dissects al mentioned above and heaps more pertinent to all these "Idol's Got tunza Talent" shows and life styles.

Allen Ginsberg - Ballad of Skeletons (just for fun)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wimbo said:

Sounded pretty ordinary to me. But then, never liked the track or the composer.

What’s not to like about a song about God and orgasms?

Edited by keyse1

1 hour ago, keyse1 said:

What’s not to like about a song about God and orgasims?

Must have been the performance.

I turned off the show during the arbitrary eliminations by the judges, before the public got involved and really randomised things. Stupid popularity competition, not a talent quest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Seth said:

Must have been the performance.

I turned off the show during the arbitrary eliminations by the judges, before the public got involved and really randomised things. Stupid popularity competition, not a talent quest.

I was referring to the song and the writer

There are only 2 great performances of this song

Leonard Cohen’s from Various Positions and his multiple live versions and John Cale’s the rest are are kind of insipid or Vocal tests for singers