Polk floorstanding speakers

I am thinking off the RTI A9 floorstanders - my son has a pair of Polk bookshelf speakers in his room and they seem to be well made and nice sound for the money.

I have tried an assortment of speakers with my system- thought I would try some floorstanders. What model do you have?

I just checked your history.  Man you have had some top class stuff. Dont think the Polks are going to rock your world after what you have  had. The RTI9's are entery level stuff compared to your previous speakers. Good bang for buck stuff which you may enjoy but not in the same class as the Vaf's and dynaudio's

Hi Braddles 63

I have had some good speakers- the VAF's were the best I have heard, but absolutely hated by the wife due to size and looks- so they had to go. The Dynaudios were not a good match to my ears.

I just thought I might try something different that does not break the bank for the next 12 months or so.

Maybe I should just wait.

If you can get them for a good price you may as well pick them up. You will be able to pretty much get your money back on resell. I buy most of my stuff used for that reason.  Not always possible to audition so buying used allows me to turn it over at no real cost if it's not for me. Just an idea.  Best of luck.

Edited by Braddles 63

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Have a pair of highly modified SDA-SRS's but if your wife thinks the R9's are big no hope with these had them since new back from 87-88 replaced all the crossover components beefed up the cabinets and wiring and replaced the tweeters with later series 198's but no doubt an acquired taste.

From time to time I hook them up and have a listen but my Amphion Krypton 2's leave them for dead as well as a pair of little Argon 2 Anniversaries for detail/finesse, but if you want to play rock music loud (and I mean LOUD) these are pretty hard to beat.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2020 at 5:49 PM, Loco57 said:

Have a pair of highly modified SDA-SRS's

I had a pair of SDA-1C's in pristine condition for a while and loved the sound, even they take up a lot of real estate and need a big space to sound right in, not to mention they can soak up power like a sponge. Can only imagine what the SRS's are like.