FS: Full Range speaker with Audionirvana 10 inch neodymium driver

Item: High efficient, full range speaker, ideal for tube amps.
Price: 2500, Pickup only, cash on pickup.
Item Condition: Excellent (9 / 10)
Reason for selling: I built a multipurpose, family friendly audio system for my main room and have not space for a specialized second system.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash only
Extra Info: If you are into SET Class A tube amps, or have a high quality, low powered solid circuit amp (like a Pass Labs First Watts amp) or simply are sensitive to timing misalignment of speakers with crossovers, this is one of the best speakers at this price point. This particular model is equipped with a 10 inch Neodymium driver from Audionirvana (discontinued due to its high price) that produces a rich aural image due to an extraordinarily timing qualities of a single point source on each channel. The result, for well recorded music, is incredible imaging and a breathtaking width of sound stage. The cabinet is hand made in a beautiful rosewood with satin and oil finish.  Retail price is just over $4000

Cabinet: 975 (h) x 325(w) x 315 (d) Displacement: 70 litres Weight: 24 kg

Driver: Magnet weight: 862g Efficiency (1W @ 1m) >99dB  Freq Range: 37 - 20,000  Voice Coil: 35mm, Power (rms): 30W

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

Edited by Blueoris
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Demondes said:

Wow these look great.  Is there a 10" Neodymium, as I could only find reference to a Ferrite (cheap) and Alnico (expensive) model in the 10" driver.   

Not any more. They used to be available but they were discontinued around March 2015. The page backup in the Wayback machine shows them listed for the last time around that date.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150310145910/http://www.commonsenseaudio.com/nirvana.html

What I was told by the manufacturer was that the 10 inch had the same neodymium magnet as the 12 inch (same size, weight etc), but its lower price didn't offered good economics for them. They preferred to sell that magnet in the 12 inch as a higher price. It is unfortunate that they discontinued them as that amount of magnet driving a smaller cone offered best balance in terms of bass control, detail and efficiency.

1 hour ago, Dave O))) said:

Looks like the "Megalong" from Tubesound Audio

https://www.tubesoundaudio.com.au/loudspeakers.asp

Yes, same cabinet builder. Excellent quality products. But note that the Megalong is offered with the less expensive 10 inch Anilco driver instead of the premium neodymium.

Yes, same cabinet builder. Excellent quality products. But note that the Megalong is offered with the less expensive 10 inch Anilco driver instead of the premium neodymium.
They do look like very nice cabinets. Coincidentally I am visiting Stephen at TSA later in the week to discuss a rack build.

1 minute ago, Dave O))) said:
10 minutes ago, Blueoris said:

They do look like very nice cabinets. Coincidentally I am visiting Stephen at TSA later in the week to discuss a rack build.

Wow, that's a great coincidence. Stephen is a really nice and knowledgeable guy. And he offers a great service too.

Sometime after I got those speakers I wanted to get a pair of OTL  tube monoblocks from him, but sadly I can't have two audio systems at home. Good luck with your rack build!

• Like 1