Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have been watching Series 5 of 'Line Of Duty" a British TV crime series about the investigation of police corruption. The story line, acting and production are all excellent.

For anyone who enjoys British TV drama this series is a must. Personally, I would rate this series 10 out of 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes agree. Have loved the 1st 4 seasons. I haven't seen season 5 on Netflix though, what channel is showing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely loved the Seasons 1-4. The best tv series I'd ever watched. I was glued!

However,  series 5 left me very disappointed compared to the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Heifetz said:

I absolutely loved the Seasons 1-4. The best tv series I'd ever watched. I was glued!

However,  series 5 left me very disappointed compared to the others. 

Ditto. I still think 2 was the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Yes agree. Have loved the 1st 4 seasons. I haven't seen season 5 on Netflix though, what channel is showing it?

I watched season 5 on 13th Street catch up via Fetch.

It is interesting to see how many points out of 10 the reviewers on IMDb https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2303687/reviews?ref_=tt_urv have given the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I thought it was a complete turd from the very get go.  The internal investigators were as unethical and corrupt than those they were allegedly investigating, as well as incompetent and ignorant in regards to gathering admissible evidence for the purpose of criminal or disciplinary proceedings.  Three of the IMDb reviews were spot on IMO with regards to this abomination:

 

Fantasy garbage - whoever writes, directs and produces this crap has little grasp of reality. The only thing that is convincing are the silences between the cliches. Much of the acting is often quite wooden, but more crucially the plots and subplots are the result of a lack of any real understanding of how law enforcement is effected, actual police procedures, etc - most is pure 'imagining'. It's as realistic as a James Bond movie.

 

This series had me hooked in the opening episode, and I quickly checked on IMDb to see it rated very well. However as the series progressed I had to ask whether the writer had any Police consultation at all, because there were so many holes in the plot and unbelievable actions it begged disbelief. The mere idea that anti corruption officers can just come and go as they please, trying to search staff cars, check their computers, smash office windows, waltz in and try and take part in any investigation is simply so far from the truth.

 

The representation of the police is false and ludicrous in the extreme. In 20 years working with criminals and police nothing like this has ever emerged in the conduct of any police. It totally misrepresents what police are like and the crime scene in the UK.  

Edited by Peter_F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Peter_F said:

I thought it was a complete turd from the very get go.  The internal investigators were as unethical and corrupt than those they were allegedly investigating, as well as incompetent and ignorant in regards to gathering admissible evidence for the purpose of criminal or disciplinary proceedings.  Three of the IMDb reviews were spot on IMO with regards to this abomination:

 

Fantasy garbage - whoever writes, directs and produces this crap has little grasp of reality. The only thing that is convincing are the silences between the cliches. Much of the acting is often quite wooden, but more crucially the plots and subplots are the result of a lack of any real understanding of how law enforcement is effected, actual police procedures, etc - most is pure 'imagining'. It's as realistic as a James Bond movie.

 

This series had me hooked in the opening episode, and I quickly checked on IMDb to see it rated very well. However as the series progressed I had to ask whether the writer had any Police consultation at all, because there were so many holes in the plot and unbelievable actions it begged disbelief. The mere idea that anti corruption officers can just come and go as they please, trying to search staff cars, check their computers, smash office windows, waltz in and try and take part in any investigation is simply so far from the truth.

 

The representation of the police is false and ludicrous in the extreme. In 20 years working with criminals and police nothing like this has ever emerged in the conduct of any police. It totally misrepresents what police are like and the crime scene in the UK.  

 

Yes.

Usually they have to consult the local Imam these days to make sure it is OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I love people complaining about fiction being "unrealistic".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thathifiguy said:

I love people complaining about fiction being "unrealistic".

 

 

Couldn't agree more. There is always some pompous twit who wants to spoil the fun.

TV drama shows are not meant to be 100% realistic ,otherwise they would be documentaries. I have loved the series so far and frankly I couldn't give a schit whether it is accurate in any way.

I felt the acting was good and the tension was well maintained and these critics are so full of their own ego it's a wonder they don't fly away like a balloon. More is the pity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rantan said:

Couldn't agree more. There is always some pompous twit who wants to spoil the fun.

TV drama shows are not meant to be 100% realistic ,otherwise they would be documentaries. I have loved the series so far and frankly I couldn't give a schit whether it is accurate in any way.

I felt the acting was good and the tension was well maintained and these critics are so full of their own ego it's a wonder they don't fly away like a balloon. More is the pity.

 Just because somebody has an opinion different from yours doesn't mean they're ego driven or they're pompous twits.  

Edited by Peter_F
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've nearly finished the first season. Its entertaining enough.....I'd not be devastated if it was discontinued, but something a bit different.

 

P.S. I'm in the "who cares about reality bucket" as well

 

I think Homeland was the only show that I found completely ludicrous on that front    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...