Sign in to follow this  
mjs

75” or greater - Sony Z9F or X9500G or what

Great news.  bit of a shame you were expected to lend a hand on a warranty fix but at least its now running as it should be.

I am still waiting for mine, they're on back order, I contacted the store and was advised i was next in line, its been 3 weeks so hopefully before months end i have it at home and set up.

Well I've had the TV at home and set up for nearly 2 weeks now.  I was pretty underwhelmed with the picture at first but followed the settings on Rtings with a few minor tweeks to my own taste in smoothness and clearness as well as colour.

very very happy with it now, matter of fact wrapped.  The size of it is fantastic and the picture quality is spot on.

I didn't like the way it switched on my bluray player and or amp when I selected those inputs so disabled that feature and I stil lcannot get my AVR menu to show on the TV, this is probably a setting in the AVR also I need to enable...but its no biggy.

My only ongoing gripe is that if I am watching Netflix or Kayo and simply the turn the TV off at the end of the night the next day when I turn the TV back on it turns back on to that last selection rather than defaulting back to FTA channel.  If I exit the app and turn the TV it will turn back on to the TV the next day but only if I exit the app.

I've contacted Sony support and they say it should not turn back on to the Netflix profile menu or Kayo menu etc if turned off and left overnight, we've  done a bunch of tests and resets but it still occurs.

Has anyone else got this going on too with this TV.  Again, not a huge issue, just a minor PITA that you need to exit the app completely for it not to be the first thing you see when you turn the TV back on the next day or a few hours later.

Oh, and today JB have the TV on sale for $5199.  Killer Price! for anyone on the fence???!!!