Sign in to follow this  
The Bluesman

Only one music Source to play

Lets turn this one source thing into a Poll  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me Vinyl is #1 for a serious listen.

But I play a lot of CDs generally, and on the second system and car.

I buy a lot of CDs second hand for very little money.That ensures that my musical taste keeps widening. 

Come on HiFi Heads and music lovers, we need votes in this Poll as we have Streaming and CDs just ahead of Vinyl, this has turned into a Drag Race to the finish, Classic vs digital, end of the day though it's all fun and all about the music AND the Source of it

Posted (edited)

I cannot choose because:

1. Vinyl is for my listening pleasure ( so it really is number one)

However.

2.  Spotify is for music discovery and saving me from spending $40+ on an LP that I hate.

AND

3. CDs are a back up for when I am busy doing other stuff and not sitting down to listen and discs are so damn cheap.

Edited by rantan

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, rantan said:

I cannot choose because:

1. Vinyl is for my listening pleasure ( so it really is number one)

However.

2.  Spotify is for music discovery and saving me from spending $40+ on an LP that I hate.

AND

3. CDs are a back up for when I am busy doing other stuff and not sitting down to listen and discs are so damn cheap.

But in this thread you have to choose just one and only one, to late for you so over to the Poll with you, make a decision otherwise you'll have the Cops knocking on your door

Edited by The Bluesman

19 minutes ago, The Bluesman said:

Come on HiFi Heads and music lovers, we need votes in this Poll as we have Streaming and CDs just ahead of Vinyl, this has turned into a Drag Race to the finish, Classic vs digital, end of the day though it's all fun and all about the music AND the Source of it

Aah, but is one's answer:

1. 'X' is #1 because that is what I listen to for most hours during a week?
  2. or 'Y' is #1 because when I sit down to listen to music ... that is what I listen to?

Andy

Quantity vs quality?

Whatever is your priority I suppose.  I chose 2.

7 minutes ago, andyr said:

Aah, but is one's answer:

1. 'X' is #1 because that is what I listen to for most hours during a week?
  2. or 'Y' is #1 because when I sit down to listen to music ... that is what I listen to?

Andy

Yes but if X was Y, you can choose one I'm sure

Guest Simonon

If they were cheap and 7.5ips tapes readily available I would go reel to reel tape. I just love the sound and challenge of keeping them going. Done well and on a good machine it is unbeatable. ca2ff81089364f33802f136500147734.jpg3d27325211aa8af7779653b8b9f9eb9c.jpg

2 minutes ago, Simonon said:

If they were cheap and 7.5ips tapes readily available I would go reel to reel tape. I just love the sound and challenge of keeping them going. Done well and on a good machine it is unbeatable. ca2ff81089364f33802f136500147734.jpg3d27325211aa8af7779653b8b9f9eb9c.jpg

Nice mate and agreed, have you voted Tape, I miss those days for sure

Just now, The Bluesman said:

Yes but if X was Y, you can choose one I'm sure

The real question is that why should one restrict oneself from discovering a more comprehensive range of music?

You simply cannot own every LP that is out there and it really is great when you first play that fantastic new shiny vinyl album on your TT, because you found it on a streaming service. As strange as it may seem, it is a symbiotic relationship and actually enhances ownership of physical media ( which I love )

Subscription music services are merely a means-to-an-end for me and I would never abandon physical media.

Guest Simonon
Nice mate and agreed, have you voted Tape, I miss those days for sure
Absolutely

2 minutes ago, rantan said:

The real question is that why should one restrict oneself from discovering a more comprehensive range of music?

You simply cannot own every LP that is out there and it really is great when you first play that fantastic new shiny vinyl album on your TT, because you found it on a streaming service. As strange as it may seem, it is a symbiotic relationship and actually enhances ownership of physical media ( which I love )

Subscription music services are merely a means-to-an-end for me and I would never abandon physical media.

But the Question is if you could only have one AND only one what would it be, you can only choose one regardless in this thread, go on you can do it

18 minutes ago, The Bluesman said:

But the Question is if you could only have one AND only one what would it be, you can only choose one regardless in this thread, go on you can do it

No I can't - because I listen to the radio (ie. background), say, 80 hours a week ... but I only listen seriously (to vinyl) 3 hours a week.

Andy

1 minute ago, andyr said:

No I can't - because I listen to the radio (ie. background), say, 80 hours a week ... but I only listen seriously (to vinyl) 3 hours a week.

Andy

Well inside this thread you simply have to Cull one of those sources, you can discreetly by simply just voting in the poll

Well, a one-source system is a good thing.

Too often, the secondary source component end up affecting the audio reproduction of the main source just by being there, physically.

Posted (edited)

I really love my combination of CDP and Node 2i streamer, but if I had to pick one I would have no hesitation at all in picking the smart streamer as my one source, and I’d have to pick one source for the one source would be Tidal. 

I have found many people quite shocked at just how good Tidal can sound when streamed through good system, it is only just behind CD in terms of quality, however much, much cheaper to get sounding great.  My Node 2i and DAC combo half the price of my CDP and 90% as good.

So it’s an internet streamer for me, if I’m forced to pick one.

Edited by POV