Sign in to follow this  
Hirographfx

Tascam 112R MKII Cassette (REPAIR NZ)

Hi Stereonetters,

Today I purchased for NZD$1 (deemed as E-Waste) two Tascam 112R MK II Cassette Decks - I am looking for someone in NZ that can assess and repair at least one of them. One of decks powers up but when I play a tape it goes into Record Pause Mode. Neither Play, FF or RW is functioning. I contacted Fred at Retrotronics in Auckland but he does not repair he prefers to buy, restore and sell his own equipment which is understandable. I am based in Hamilton New Zealand and the repairer could use parts from one to the other or repair both... after paying out $1 I'm happy to throw some coin into this job could even give one of the decks to the repairer if they want to have one for themselves...as long as I get my one up and going. Parts available from https://tascamninja.com 

Let me know if you a guy or gal up for the job, cheers William.

Tascam 112R For Repair.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rock_wizard
      I know there are many stories about LCD3 drivers giving up. Mine was purchased in Europe in 2014, started having trouble with the left driver intermittently and it finally gave up couple of months ago. I reached out Audeze service, they indicated that its out of service (which I knew already) and that it would cost a whopping 598 USD + shipping to US and back. I prefer my HD800 and have not used LCDs that much, funny that HD800s are still going strong barring a cable tear and headband change and LCDs died on me. Has anyone had similar issue? Anyone got any idea if this can be repaired locally?
    • By GroovyGuru
      Item:  Tascam DV-RA1000 CD player/recorder
      Price:  $700 $550.
      Item Condition:  Excellent.  Original packaging and manual included.
      Reason for selling:  NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  Tascam recently released a new cassette deck.  This is way better than a cassette deck.  I used to have a Nakamichi Dragon, this is better than that.  It records CDs at 16/44.1 bits.  It can also record at 24bits 192hz but only on DVD+R. 

I am told by Nik at Audiophile that this unit makes a great CD player, as good as CD players costing way more than it's RRP ($1500) at the time.  I never used it as a CD player.  I only used it to burn vinyl onto about 150 CDs.  It has not had much use.

It was recently fully serviced and cleaned by Nik.  This would be way better than an equivalent CD player at this price. 

All my sales have a 7 day money back Guarantee, if returned in the condition I sold it. 

Pictures:
    • By GroovyGuru
      Item: Tascam DV-RA1000 CD Player/Recorder
      Price
      Item Condition: In good working condition, but the drawer needs cleaning because it has always stuck when empty.  I have to keep a dummy CD in the drawer so it opens without sticking.  If it sticks, you need to jiggle it to get the drawer to open. This flaw is reflected in the price.  
      Reason for selling:  I only used this to make CD copies of vinyl.  No longer required.  
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  All original packaging and manual included.  

Manufacturer's spiel:  
      The TASCAM DV-RA1000 recorder is a professional solution for recording high-resolution audio - up to 192kHz/24-bit - to inexpensive DVD media. The new recorder even features Sony's DSD format, the basis for audiophile Super Audio CDs, as an available recording format. Its professional I/O includes balanced XLR connections, AES/EBU and SDIF-3, and it records standard CD-DA, WAVE and DSDIFF files to CD and DVD discs. The DV-RA1000 can also operate as a professional CD recorder, recording standard audio CDs for studio or meeting room installations.
      The DV-RA1000 features digital recording formats from CD audio resolution all the way up to 192kHz/24-bit and DSD recording ? the formats used by DVD Audio and Super Audio CD. This rackmount stereo recorder features a user-friendly design on the front panel and professional connections on the back. Advanced features like a USB 2.0 connector, RS-232 serial control and multiband compression and EQ establish the DV-RA1000 as the new standard for studio mixdown recorders.
      I've never used it to record in anything but 16 bit.  That provided good enough sound for my requirements.  It does good copies of vinyl.  

Pictures:

• By Janjuc
      Hi,

Does anybody know somewhere that does repairs on super tweeters, the brand is Grant.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

JJ

• By DrSK
      Hi all,

I'm new here as of yesterday. I pulled a Nagra IV SJ reel to reel tape player from a skip bin nearly two years ago.

Does anyone know of anyone in Australia or the best place to get things checked out or to just get replacement parts for some of the perished follower wheels etc?

I talked with the guys that owned it and as far as they knew it was in good order, they were just instructed to bin all gear that had not been used in recent times due to downsizing of the office. I also picked up an old B&K meter which is of interest to me (acoustic engineer) from the bin.

I'd like to get it running and try it out.