Arlec surge protection

Hi guys,

Had a scare tonight when putting on the tv.

It didn't turn on and I thought tv was dead. In a panic I unplugged it and AVR,Blu ray player and pre amp from my Arlec Surge protector and plugged everything straight into wall sockets. Everything works.

I plugged Arlec back into wall with tablet charger and it's charging the tablet.

Can anyone tell me if Arlec is still providing surge protection from my photo? Instructions are not clear to me.

IMG_20190715_193748696.jpg

I did see that but this is the part that confused me.  Does it mean the 'surge protection'  has been triggered due to voltage overload etc or that it is currently 'protecting' connected appliances. 

Also my green light is off but I read the blurb as it's on if all 7 outlets are used?

Maybe I'm just thick!!!

image.png.afd373a30b691c63ef07e7f2edcceed9.png

Edited by Mr_Gadget

It also has this bit, referring to the Power On Lamp:

instructions.png.da8097b6c0ce47e9ebd7d5d490eb9b0c.png

Edit: The green Power On lamp indicates that power is available to all 7 outlets, not that they are being used.

Edited by bob_m_54
clarity

20 minutes ago, bob_m_54 said:

It also has this bit, referring to the Power On Lamp:

instructions.png.da8097b6c0ce47e9ebd7d5d490eb9b0c.png

Edit: The green Power On lamp indicates that power is available to all 7 outlets, not that they are being used.

Ok, I guess it did it's job then :) Any recommendations on a replacement if I don't venture down the meter box solution as mentioned by Gee Emm?

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2019 at 12:41 PM, Gee Emm said:

You can have surge protection installed in your meter box.
That will protect everything.

This is the only reliable way to do it.

Ring Novaris and see what they recommend, and have it installed by a good electrician.