Duntech PCL-1000. The Crown Prince

Item: Duntech Crown Prince
Price: $4000
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Funding Upgrade
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: For sale are a beautiful pair of Duntech PCL-1000 speakers, aka The Crown Prince. I have enjoyed these superb speakers for over two years now and they have performed beautifully. They feature new crossovers built by Kiat at Duntech. I changed the colour of the socks to a lovely grey which lessens the intimidation factor somewhat! They stand tall at 187cm. Not a speaker for the feint of heart. They probably work best in a big room but in my little 5.5m x 3.6m room they are superb. Probably not getting the soundstage width I'd like but in every other respect the Dunnies are spectacular in my room. all drivers are in excellent working order. When i first got these, one tweeter was not working so, after a search, i found a pair of bookshelves (the brand escapes me atm) which used the exact same tweeter. The faulty on was replaced and so there is a spare tweeter to go with these. Several people have heard me state that the CPs have been the best speaker I've owned. I still stand by that however, i have been recently incredibly impressed with another speaker which is why these are up for sale.

If you know these and have been looking for  a pair then here they are. Auditions are welcome however, as I'm in east gippsland, only serious buyers will bother doing this i'd guess.

As you can see in the pics, these look gorgeous. The bases have a couple of small faults which I could attend to as requested by a prospective buyer. Not a big job to patch up and respray, unless you'd prefer to do that yourself in a finish other than the matt black. 

I have been driving these with Xindak mono blocs to great success. The Xindaks will be up for sale only once the speakers sell.

Basic Specs: 

FR: 40hz - 20khz +/- 2db

Impedance: 4 ohms nominal (varies from a minimum of 3 ohms to about 5 ohms, expect for impedance at bass resonance, which rises to apps 7 ohms)

Efficiency: 90db

Cheers, M

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_4137.JPG

IMG_6780.JPG

IMG_6781.JPG

IMG_6782.JPG

IMG_6783.JPG

IMG_6784.JPG

IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_6788.JPG

IMG_6789.JPG

IMG_4212.JPG

IMG_6794.JPG

IMG_6795.JPG

• Like 8

Sorry Mac not approving these as I think you’re a banana for listing these.?

Anyhow know I want these but have no spare coin atm?

GLWTS

• Like 1

Good lord man what ya doing! I recently had the pleasure of listening to there sister, the princess and was yet again gobsmacked at the clarity and sheer power of these speakers with bass that never seems to end but hearing yours for the first time all those years ago was a revelation to me (seriously).

Whatever your plans are in terms of upgrade it must be mighty. (no one seen any Sov's for sale recently :whistle:)

• Like 1

Massive bargain for someone. All the hard work has been done. crossovers redone with tasty mundorf caps, check, (worth around $1500) drivers in good shape, check, Cosmetics done, check. 

In my room the princess (which is the same internally but different cosmetics), are essentially flat to 20kHz and have useable output down to at least 10Hz and may be more extended but I havent measured beyond that.

If you are after a full range speaker with fantastic imaging at a bargain price, run, dont walk and grab these.  Others similar or same that come up are either twice the price or require significant work and expense.

GLWTS

• Like 4

For 4K? Amazing, it really is a buyers market at the moment, these wont last the day surely.

GLWTS Unca Mack. Drop in and we'll blast the big JB's sometime.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 1

It's a big bargain here, such an amazing speaker!  

A friend of mine has a pair of Duntech Sovereign.  The bass is full of power, with every details of the high and meddle range... GLWTS

There was alot of uncompromising R&D in these things and someone is getting alot for the money if they buy these.  Seeing as these amps work well with them, I'd suggest giving Unc a decent offer for the amps too while you are at it.

Edited by christosd

Another thing worth mentioning is if you currently have Marquis, or lower models, the cp's are not just a slightly bigger speaker that goes lower, they are much more complicated in the crossover, they use more expensive Dynaudio and SEAS drivers and sound significantly better. Not to say the others sound bad but remember these were significantly more expensive than the next model down and the difference is obvious. I have directly compared the crown prince/princess with the marquis and statesman and there is  quite a difference. Considering Marquis are selling for near the asking price for these , this is a good chance to trade up a lot in quality for not much cash outlay. Once you had these you could not go back to the lower models easily.

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses everyone. Selling these, as Joz Indicated to me, could be regretful but I’ve got faith in the next step so, as much as I love these things, room (financially) has to be made. Once heard, never forgotten. Cheers. M

With my financial situation, I guess a 2-3 year Lay-by plan is out of the question.

They look superb!!

GLWTS and remember, it’s not too late to change your mind.

44 minutes ago, unclemack said:

Still available. I’m of the firm belief that speakers should only be advertised to single men. Friggging WAF is the bane of my existence.

They're not real men are they UM?

Actually being influenced in their hifi decision making FFS ! ?

They're not real men are they UM?
Actually being influenced in their hifi decision making FFS ! [emoji849]

Ha ha. Have to admit that these aren’t the sort of things that blend into the living room without notice. It would take a very forgiving woman to accept these monsters into her home. The single mans speaker. [emoji23]

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the grey "sock" which goes around the speaker can be changed relatively easily to any colour you desire, go back to traditional black or go for maximum waf with pink?:hmm:

@unclemack can help with the details as he has done it before.

Pink??  (*Shudder!!)

So many Duntechs (for me) to choose from at the moment. The Prince. Princess and DSM-15 on SNA at the moment and a private offer of Marquis (which all require travel). 

I bet if I asked about availability of the Sovereigns they may also be available, to further increase my list of options.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the grey "sock" which goes around the speaker can be changed relatively easily to any colour you desire, go back to traditional black or go for maximum waf with pink?:hmm:

[mention=104826]unclemack[/mention] can help with the details as he has done it before.

Absolutely. I changed from the black because it lessens the monolithic nature of the towers. I was considering red originally but found this nice grey so went with that. Easy changeover. I think I still have the original black socks as well although I’d have to check.
  • Like 1