Tonearm for original RegaP3?

Hi All,

A friend who owns an original Rega P3 asked me if it’s possible to get a replacement tonearm? I don’t know what happened to the original but What’s the recommendation or is it more “price” sensible to purchase a new tt & arm (perhaps a new Rega)?

thoughts are appreciated. 

Am I wrong in assuming there are oodles of compatibles out there, eg SME, OriginLive, some Linn, etc...?

So it would depend on what's fancied AND compatible...

My 80's RP2 has a Linn arm (fitted by prev. owner).

Thanks for the replies. I know there are loads of compatible arms but I was thinking is it worth bunging on a new (or likely 2nd hand) arm on a deck that is 25+yrs old or suggesting he gets a new Rega? 

I see a new RB202 (logical replacement) can be purchased for 450. 

Thanks for the replies. I know there are loads of compatible arms but I was thinking is it worth bunging on a new (or likely 2nd hand) arm on a deck that is 25+yrs old or suggesting he gets a new Rega? 
I see a new RB202 (logical replacement) can be purchased for 450. 

I’d have an RB300 to sell you in the near future. It’s coming off my early Planar 3 (possibly same table?) to be replaced by an Audiomods arm that’s currently away to be fixed.
  • Like 2

definitly cheaper to buy an arm, those old Rega's just keep going, i have a Rega Planar 2 from the mid 70's, put an OEM moth 202 arm, have recently put an Ortofon Quintet Blue MC on it, sounds brilliant, used to own a Linn, don't underestimate the Rega

• Like 4