rawmouth

FS: Vintage Genelec Monitors and Alesis Amp

Item: Genelec 1049 pair and Alesis RA100
Price: $800 ono
Item Condition: good condition 
Reason for selling: not using anymore 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
Extra Info: Great balanced sound and amp combo. Amp has slight transformer hum but does not affect performance.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

36ADD6BD-D218-4AF4-9657-07F3501EF86D.jpeg

92869FD4-99DA-4AAC-956D-0729C015901D.jpeg

6C78A1B1-04CD-4774-96EF-0A0737A8BA13.jpeg

DD768EE0-8BBB-4CF6-B583-470B8D3EC327.jpeg

A588EEDF-638D-4B7F-B2D4-4BAB50FFEF81.jpeg

B1BFBE15-D005-4AC7-8CA1-43DCAC6E1AC0.jpeg

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By heavensangel
      Item: Falcon acoustics RAM Studio 20
      Price: $3000
      Item Condition:New- not run in yet
      Reason for selling: Bigger speaker
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, DD.
      Extra Info:Practically new with stands and original boxing. Priced to sell.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Doomguy
      I'm looking to upgrade to some proper speakers for use at my desktop and could use any pointers I can get as I have essentially no experience with speakers or monitors. I've been getting by with the Swan M10s and relying on headphones for when I wanted something higher fidelity, but I want that to change.

My comfortable budget is up to $500 for a pair, though I could be persuaded to stretch a bit if it was worth it. I intend to add a sub in the not too distant future, I just have to pace my expenditure for now. Due to both space and cost constraints I'm thinking 5 and 6 inch models would be ideal, beyond that and it would be a bit of an awkward fit on my desk (my desk is not small by any stretch, but I have two screens and a sizey computer on it, so there's only so much room to spare). I don't currently have room for stands beside my desk, either. I would be using these purely for casual listening pleasure, I'm not doing anything critical or professional with them. Music is my primary concern with my bread and butter being electronic and metal, with some other miscellaneous genres on the side, but they will also be used for a bit of gaming, youtube and movies. My source is an AudioGD NFB15.32, which I can use to control volume, so I'll be outputting RCA but it's no big deal to just buy some RCA to TRS cables. My desk is against a wall and because of this I was under the impression that a front ported monitor would be beneficial, though I don't know if this is true or not.

A few of the new options I've been considering;
      KRK Rokit 6G3 @ $435 a pair shipped (after ebay voucher)
      Mackie MR524 @ $498 a pair shipped
      JBL LSR305P Mk II @ $569 a pair shipped, however it includes a Nano Patch 2 which I could probably sell for $80-90 pretty quickly to bring me under $500. 

I'm also not afraid of the used market, though nothing I've seen on gumtree has been particularly impressive, mostly people asking too much lol. I'll have a look on the classifieds here and maybe make a wtb thread. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but the desktop audio section is overwhelmingly headphone related so I thought it was better to ask here. Thanks!
    • By Alski
      Item: Proac Studio 1 monitor speakers
      Price: $900 NEG
      Item Condition:Used/vintage: refurbished to excellent condition
      Reason for selling:Far too many speakers, sad to see these go.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:Vintage Proac Studio 1's. Cabinet veneers restored and bass drivers replaced to original spec with Scanspeak drivers at a cost of $440. Look and sound amazing. Classic Proac English sound.

Pictures:

• By Pioneer Lux Man
      Item: Acoustic Energy Radiance 1 Stand-Mount Monitors - Antique Ash
      Price: $650.00
      Item Condition:  9.9/10
      Reason for selling: Too many speakers
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Owned from new in 2015 and used as second system speakers. Still have shipping carton so can be sent Australia wide at buyers' expense. Can be demo'd at Tennyson, Brisbane.
      These speakers have amazed me since the first time I connected them. Big base (therefore AE recommends use without a sub) for a bookshelf/stand-mount speaker and quite a detailed top end. Also amazing how much power you can run through them. I originally bought them after listening to the more expensive Acoustic Energy Speakers and then giving these a go just to compare. Original local RSP was $1995 (USA price shows US$1200 in the article link below.) They have bi-wire capability and nifty magnetic grills.  The review below gives an accurate representation I think - the closing summary adds: Using a pitchfork to shovel snow is a bad idea. Employing a speaker in a different manner than envisioned by its designer is an equally inappropriate pastime. The Acoustic Energy Radiance 1 speaker was designed for small rooms (Seller: Mine were in a 4m x 4m room) and for use without a subwoofer. If you have such a space you will discover the Radiance is capable of producing beautiful music in it. If you try to employ the Radiance in a larger room or on a desktop with or without a subwoofer you may find it less to your liking.
      “Horses for courses” is an old equestrian British saying. The Acoustic Energy Radiance 1 is a heck of a fine filly; just choose the track she runs on carefully.

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/acoustic-energy-radiance-1-loudspeaker-tas-196/ 

Tech Info:
      The Radiance Series offer some of the most cutting-edge developments currently available in loudspeaker technology.
      Aluminium drivers with dual-wound aluminium voice-coils. Heat creates distortion in loudspeaker drivers - we dissipate as much heat as possible through our cone assembly meaning you can listen louder, for longer.
      Curved cabinet construction - Minimising harmful standing waves and vibration through the enclosure. This means lower colouration, more natural sound.
      Specifications:
      ·       Type: 2-way, reflex loaded
      ·       LF/MF Driver: 130mm pressed alloy
      ·       HF Driver: 25mm Neodymium Ring Radiator with DXT
      ·       Cabinet: Curved, braced 15mm MDF carcass
      ·       Frequency Response: 50Hz to 45kHz ± 3dB
      ·       Power Handling: 150W peak programme
      ·       Impedance: 8 Ohms
      ·       Sensitivity: 88dB for 1 W at 1M
      More Info
      ·       Dimensions (HxWxD): 320 x 185 x 255mm EA
      ·       Weight: 8kg EA