Sign in to follow this  
Bill125812

Giving something back

Hi guys. 

Over the the last few months, I’ve been battling the big C.   As have a lot of us over the years. 

It made me think of the enjoyment I get out of this site and you clowns has actually got me through a few tough times 

I’m feeling pretty good now and will beat this.   ( I still have my hair, not that I have much anyway ). As many of you know I’ve been making cables for members for a few years now. Low cost alternatives to the sometimes overpriced commercial ones. 

Anyhows.  I was thinking that maybe some of you from mainly Brissy and the Goldy might want to learn how to 

1. Solder

2. Make some cables

3. Have a couple of beers or wines. ( soldering and booze should be ok Right ? )

This is will be free.  And you’ll walk away with something you can actually use .  

This is an expression of interest I suppose   ( was thinking small groups of maybe 3 on a weekend or even night )

Cheers 

Sorry to hear about your health problems Bill.

i would be interested. A weekend some time would suit me best.

Hi Bill, 

Although I haven't posted or contributed very much to the forum over the years, I wanted to acknowledge your involvement and the pleasure that many members have obviously got from your posts and your range of home-made cables

It's people like yourself that make this such a unique and special audio community 

Thanks and best wishes for a speedy recovery 

Steve 

Thanks Steve

Very much appreciated 

What a great gesture and opportunity to learn from master. I wish I am in QLD. 

Wish you nothing but the best for your quick recovery. 🙏

1 hour ago, Bill125812 said:

1. Solder

2. Make some cables

After the mess I made with my last attempt at soldering I would greatly appreciate learning the correct way to do things....but I may be beyond help.

Posted (edited)

@seaninbrisbane no ones beyond help Sean.   It’s not hard.  Once you see a couple of techniques 

Edited by Bill125812

Sorry to hear that Bill. But I am happy to hear your positivity. We’ve never met but you’ve always come across as a hugely generous member and down right great guy. 

Fantastic gesture. 

Keep pushing forward mate. 

@Bill125812

Mate, I am so sorry to read about this. You are one of our most liked and trusted members and an all round gentleman . My very best thoughts and hopes are with you now and always  and I know you will get through this.

Thank  you so much for your contributions here as well as your fantastic generosity.

Be strong my friend.:thumb::)

Good on you Bill.

Soldering and booze should be fine.....................................booze and circular saws are problematic!

A shock to hear Bill but great to hear the positivity and the very cool gesture! 

Have never met you Bill but having purchased a few items from you over the years, "Legend" is the first word I can think of to describe you!

Hope you continue to kick the big C's ass! 🍻

A wonderful gesture Bill. Sharing this sort of knowledge is so valuable. Well done mate. Best wishes to you for the battle ahead mate. Cheers, M

Bill,

Wish you all the best. Here's to ya.🍺

My whole system runs on Bill's smarts.... and it's all I'll ever need.

Best wishes fella.  :heart:

One of the (many) great people on this site. Sending you all the positive vibes i can muster mate 👍