TCL debut new FFalcon range at JB - any good?

5 minutes ago, candyflip said:

I read this week that TCL have a new Australianised offering of TV's for this market, thru JB (and others?) called FFalcon.

Crazy value - if any good?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/tv-home-entertainment/ffalcon-tvs/  

Going to have a gander at the tomorrow....anyone have any first hand experience?

image.png

I was in JB on Thursday and saw these while I was looking for something else.

I am no TV expert in any way and I realise the limitations of in-store judgement, but with that said, they looked pretty good and the prices are about half of some well known brands.

I guess you get what you pay for, but IF I was in the market, I would be looking very closely at these.

• Thanks 1

cheers @rantan - I'm no expert either, but we've been surviving on a 32" x 2 sets in our house (with a 17 year old resident!) for far too long, and this weekend is D-day.

We don't have Stan or Netflix or any need for Bluetooth streaming or any other fancy-shmancy latest gadget stuff...we still enjoy Free to air TV very much (the wife and I) and the one time we did have Netflix for a month, we ran out of things to watch frankly (after the 'Vietnam' series, which was fantastic). We tend to watch Youtube vids on our phones, or laptop.

Will be keen to see them.

Had a look at the JB advert and noticed that the models in the ad  have just 1 year warranty where traditionally TCL have offered a 3 yr warranty. This may be because these are entry level devices. Also seen some of the more expensive TCL's in action and was very impressed with the picture when not directly compared to the big name brands. If you are paying less than $1000 and the tv comes with a 3 year warranty then I would be happy with one in the bedroom if ,perhaps, not in the ht.

21 minutes ago, Ozcall said:

Had a look at the JB advert and noticed that the models in the ad  have just 1 year warranty where traditionally TCL have offered a 3 yr warranty. 

Interestingly enough, TCL have a TV which looks suspiciously similar to the FFALCON 65" on special at $895 including a 3 year warranty.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tcl/tcl-65e19us-65-4k-uhd-smart-led-lcd-tv/383023/

3 minutes ago, pete_mac said:

Interestingly enough, TCL have a TV which looks suspiciously similar to the FFALCON 65" on special at $895 including a 3 year warranty.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tcl/tcl-65e19us-65-4k-uhd-smart-led-lcd-tv/383023/

Hi Pete , yup those models with the US suffix seem to be reasonably well regarded.

On 13/07/2019 at 3:41 PM, candyflip said:

I read this week that TCL have a new Australianised offering of TV's for this market, thru JB (and others?) called FFalcon.

Crazy value - if any good?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/tv-home-entertainment/ffalcon-tvs/  

Going to have a gander at the tomorrow....anyone have any first hand experience?

image.png

TCL continue to disappoint with their Australian televisions.  Unfortunately we get lumped with their cheap low tech Asian models.   The Series 6 manufactured for the US market is a cracker full array local dimming unit with a brilliant immersive picture at about half the price of equivalent Samsung models.  Damn pity its not available in Australia.

That being said, for the budget conscious Australian customer, the higher end TCLs on sale here are a decent TV - nice and bright with reasonable contrast, colour and plenty of other features.  

• Thanks 1

Having a 55” middle spec 4k tv in spare room, make  sure if you’re buying one of these is to play with the interface a bit. I hate the android interface on the tcl so much I’ll be throwing the bloody thing out (giving away to family) when I decide on a replacement.  It’s clunky, slow and looks sh!t. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/07/2019 at 5:56 PM, candyflip said:

We don't have Stan or Netflix or any need for Bluetooth streaming or any other fancy-shmancy latest gadget stuff...we still enjoy Free to air TV very much (the wife and I) and the one time we did have Netflix for a month, we ran out of things to watch frankly (after the 'Vietnam' series, which was fantastic). We tend to watch Youtube vids on our phones, or laptop.

I know what you mean, we also started to run a bit low of new good stuff to watch on Netflix as well after binge watching almost nothing else most every night over a period of three plus years.

Edited by TerryO

On 14/08/2019 at 10:39 AM, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Any word of a 75” coming to aus? They have the H2A in 75” on their website

I would be surprised if any of TCLs advanced tech. TVs come to Australia.   As far as the company is concerned we are bracketed with the Asian region which pretty much limits the LCD range to the cheaper edge lit models.   The TCL series 6 range with FALD has been available in the US for several years but is yet to be seen on our shores.    Hisense appear to be adopting a similar approach  with the "ball breaking"  series 9 model (including a host of advanced features)  just released in the US, but not coming to Australia any time soon.   

• Like 1