I’m looking to integrate an analogue EQ into my system and wanted to pool here for some info/advice.

I’m using a mobile system for small events (hifi gear rather than standard PA) so will be testing and EQing for each room it’s used in. 

Essentially I want to add a stage that provides clean audio and performs well, if anyone has any suggestions please fire away! 

Provide more detail of what EQ you need  (PEQ, shelves, limiters, crossover?, delay, etc.)

Do not blinker yourself to "analogue".    Focus on getting the tool which gives you what you need.   The right features and adjustability will give you orders of magnitude better results than "something else".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davewantsmoore said:

Provide more detail of what EQ you need  (PEQ, shelves, limiters, crossover?, delay, etc.)

We have a Nexus DSP at the moment that can provide limiters, crossover, delay etc. 

Generally speaking, for smaller rooms we don’t need all these extra features but I would think a PEQ will help find some balance. Probably have one feeding the subs and another feeding the rest of the system (four to six 3way speakers depending on the size of the room).

Correct me if I’m wrong but I also kinda think it would also be good to have a bit of control from the back end if we doing an event with different DJ’s playing different types of music (on different formats).

On 13/07/2019 at 4:09 PM, lone-wolf said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I also kinda think it would also be good to have a bit of control from the back end if we doing an event with different DJ’s playing different types of music (on different formats).

No need.  Just make the rig sound as good as you can for the room.

Also, please, don't ever tweak the rig while a DJ is playing, it can be really distracting and disconcerting.

4 hours ago, DJGopal said:

Also, please, don't ever tweak the rig while a DJ is playing, it can be really distracting and disconcerting.

Yes I agree, it’s not about tinkering all throughout the day/evening. But if you have an all day event and someone is playing all OG reggae 45’s at 3pm and then later on someone is playing current house music digitally that has been mastered really hot I would think a small tweak may help... Maybe