Headphone recommendations for sports use?

Hi all -interested in StereoNet brains-trust recommendations on suitable headphones for working out at the gym.

Interested in 'in-ear' buds that dont fall out and can withstand inevitable sweat when working out.

Found in the past over ear headphones disintegrate over time but recommendations on this option appreciated too!

Budget up to $300

Many thanks :)

4 hours ago, tellmidd said:

Hi all -interested in StereoNet brains-trust recommendations on suitable headphones for working out at the gym.

Interested in 'in-ear' buds that dont fall out and can withstand inevitable sweat when working out.

Expensive but the new Beats Powerbeats Pro are good. Sweat/water resistant and can fit securely. A touch over your budget but one to consider.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/beats-by-dr-dre/beats-powerbeats-pro-totally-wireless-earphones-black/384858/

Edited by Music2496
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Music2496 said:

Expensive but the new Beats Powerbeats Pro are good. Sweat/water resistant and can fit securely. A touch over your budget but one to consider.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/beats-by-dr-dre/beats-powerbeats-pro-totally-wireless-earphones-black/384858/

Thanks Music2496 -Im familiar with Beats studio headphones. Brought my son a set recently and nice kit. Bass heavy, (thats what the kids seem to like) I'll check this product out... looks good, thanks again

• Like 1

Just now, tellmidd said:

Thanks Music2496 -Im familiar with Beats studio headphones. Brought my son a set recently and nice kit. Bass heavy, (thats what the kids seem to like) I'll check this product out... looks good, thanks again

I've  hated the Beats signature sound of old (too bass heavy, as you say).

Fortunately these new Powerbeats Pro are a little less of the typical Beats sound (I think). I found these are moving more 'towards' a more balanced sound than Beats are famous/infamous for.

Hi Tellmidd,

I exercise almost every morning by 20km bike ride for last 3 years and have always used Powerbeats 3 and their predecessors.  I find them truly excellent in terms of sq, durability, comfort, security of fit and battery life. 

Cheers

75600E3A-F6D4-4688-A5F6-C71A228761CA.jpeg

Edited by KRSDarwin
Add benefits

I've never owned the beats, but have had a couple of pairs of bose, before recently buying the jaybird X4.  Certainly prefer the jaybirds to previous bose units.  Jaybirds fit well, have good battery life and you adjust the eq via the jaybirds app.

I’ve hard 3 pairs of Jaybirds wireless  and all have failed.  Would never buy Jaybird again.  Sound is ok but they are not reliable for serious ongoing exercise from my experience.  

Currently use Jabra Elite 65T Wireless and thy are great.  Good build quality and sound is fine.  I use them everyday when training and they cope with sweat etc.  Good fit.  Best i’ve Had.  $299 JB HIFi.

10 hours ago, omara31 said:

I’ve hard 3 pairs of Jaybirds wireless  and all have failed.  Would never buy Jaybird again.  Sound is ok but they are not reliable for serious ongoing exercise from my experience.  

Currently use Jabra Elite 65T Wireless and thy are great.  Good build quality and sound is fine.  I use them everyday when training and they cope with sweat etc.  Good fit.  Best i’ve Had.  $299 JB HIFi.

Fair enough, mine are only 4 weeks old.  No problem yet, only time will tell 're longevity I guess.

The frustration with the Jaybirds was that some of the  features were really good.  The sound was very good for what they were & the app with the preset options and Spotify integration was excellent. Hopefully the 4s are an improvement in terms of longevity.