Les Norton

Guest jakeyb77

Guest jakeyb77

Well the day has finally come. 

I’ve always been dreading a movie or TV show being done based on my favourite books. Don’t get me started on Jack Reacher.

I have the characters decided in my mind and don’t want that messed with. 

But I wasn’t even prepared for the shambles of a clip I saw with Rebel Wilson in it. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jakeyb77
27 minutes ago, Tomo89 said:

Hey I love the books but I’ll be away working when it on TV do you know anywhere I can download it from? 

I’m assuming you can watch it on iVeiw. If you feel inclined to torture yourself. ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/08/2019 at 8:20 PM, jakeyb77 said:

I’m assuming you can watch it on iVeiw. If you feel inclined to torture yourself. ?

I think you picked it early Jake. This is more like loosely inspired by the Les Norton books. And what happened to Loz and George Brennan ffs!

Edited by deanB

Guest jakeyb77
18 minutes ago, deanB said:

I think you picked it early Jake. This is more like loosely inspired by the Les Norton books. And what happened to Loz and George Brennan ffs!

I can hear Robert cursing from the grave. Plus the poster boy playing Les doesn’t look menacing to me. And Billy Dunne is a no from me also. 

I’ve read a few of the books and I’m watching it and having a laugh along the way.  My 26yr old son hasn’t read any of the books and thinks the TV show is a hoot. It might get him to try the books. 

12 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

It was always going to be the way.

Good ol' PC Aunty wouldn't show it if it was done properly.

Yes, it's got the fingerprints of "diversity first" all over it. Seriously, why bother with Les Norton yarns if that's a priority?

• 3 months later...

1 hour ago, craka said:

Very late post ,

I agree deanB.I love the books and had a laugh at the series.

I watched a few episodes here and there.I enjoyed them.

I hope the tv show introduces the Les Norton books to a new readership. That would be a positive outcome from an average production that diluted the essence of the Les Norton character.