SOLD: SGR Cx4f Mkii (Current-Drive) Active Speakers

SOLD
SOLD

Item: SGR Cx4f Mkii (Current-Drive) Active Speakers

Price: $12,700

Those wanting a new set of Mkii's are looking at a RRP of $33,000.

Item Condition: Close to perfect High Gloss finish.   No scratches, no dings.   Front covers never used.

Speakers come with Spikes and Spike Discs to protect timber floors.  Genuine Isotek Evo 3 Premier Power leads connect to the separate Power Supplies designed by Stuart.

Reason for selling: New Active Speaker direction.

Payment Method: Bank Transfer

If a sale is local I will arrange a suitable drop off.     Interstate Purchaser will have to enter into discussion re covering the Transportation costs.   Combined weight would be 100kg+.    I have the original cardboard boxes and packing but that may not be a enough for a Courier road trip, across country.

Extra Info: 

https://www.sgrloudspeakers.com/collection/convex-series.html

https://darko.audio/2018/05/strayaaa-sgr-cx4f-munich-high-end-2018/

https://www.stereo.net.au/features/sgr-audio-from-humble-beginnings-to-the-world-stage

These speakers have become highly revered here on SNA and across the Audio forums.   Those who have upgraded from Mki to Mkii have been glowing in their subsequent reviews.    I have attached some links to SNA threads over the years relating to both the Mki and Mkii versions.  

Those who have met Stuart and his father Harry (Ralston) will attest to their wonderful Customer Service.   Both are absolute gentlemen and if you have ever been treated to one of Harry's 'Lunches' out in the East of Melbourne, whilst undertaking an SGR listening session, you will also know their hospitality knows no bounds.  

I had my Mki speakers converted by Stuart to the Mkii's in May 2017.    The conversion program is no-longer available to my knowledge.    With the 3 year warranty these Units have just under 12 months remaining.    I will arrange with SGR to have the Warranty Transferred.

SGR's search for perfection has ensured the high gloss paintwork is flawless.   The fit and finish to the speakers is truly world class.    At 45kg each there has been no scrimping on the structural framework.

The Mkii's afforded me all day, fatigue free listening.   The mids are beautiful and open and the top is not harsh.  

In my room the bottom end could shake the windows even with all EQ set to '0'.  With my room boost there was measurable bass at 10htz.   With 4 x 6.5 inch woofers in the sealed box the bass is fast and tight.   If you absolutely feel the need to supplement them with subs (For HT) the necessary connections can be found on the rear.    (see images)

These locally made speakers are 'A bit Special'.   You will not be disappointed.

PM is you need more details please.

Regards Cazzesman

PS.  Thanks to another SNA member for some terrific photos of the speakers (and spell checking :-p).  

007.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

DSC_0976 (2).JPG

DSC_0980 (2).jpg

DSC_0981 (2).jpg

DSC_0989 (2).jpg

imageproxy.php.jpg

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 10

I had the good fortune to try these very speakers out in my own room.   I've owned alot of speakers over alot of years and I can say that these are hands down the best build quality in a speaker I've seen.   I took the pics of the speakers with the white cupboard in the background.  I had alot of trouble taking pics as they are so reflective everything can be seen in the mirror finish.   Having spent quite some time positioning and re-positioning the speakers I can attest that there are no marks or blemishes in the paint work.  

I had a good listen to them as well, exactly as described by the seller.   Big but smooth sound that can be listened to without fatigue.   The idea of having a listen was to see how bad I wanted a pair.  Ultimately the purchase of a car for my newly licensed kid took priority. 

I've heard these at both my place and the sellers.   He looks after his gear and highly recommended.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Administrator

I'm really struggling to think of a single alternative speaker that could better these for the asking price here.

This is good buying folks, and without the extra dollars and wait time for a new pair. ?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Demondes said:

What preamp were you using with these?

i guess you only had a DAC or CD as source, as cannot see a turntable

Hi,

Originally I had an Upgraded Oppo 105D then an Elektra Pynx and lastly a Lampizator Level 5 DAC/Pre which I am dropping off to the new owner in a few hours.

Each step up made the SGR's sing even better.

No turntable for me.  Digital all the way now from PC source to sound.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1

Wow..priced too low, I didnt think this would happen for @cazzesman  - I wont be selling my MK2's!

Just to share a silly experiment i did a week ago to reflect how easy it was to drive these MK2's.  Borrowed a Schiit SYS passive preamp, ran it in my current rig and was blown away how transparent these speakers were.  

These will not last long...

• Love 1

Would consider popping around to listen to these (in Richmond), alas I am out of the country till end of August.  These would likely be in a new home well before then.

haha

46 minutes ago, Demondes said:

Would consider popping around to listen to these (in Richmond), alas I am out of the country till end of August.  These would likely be in a new home well before then.

haha

Drop me a PM @Demondes  when you're back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demondes said:

haha

Well I certainly hope they will be sold by then but if not come on around.    Enjoy where ever you are in the World.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1

Ahh

China for work and family (Dalian north on the ocean), a great city.

no HiFi here (Shanghai and Beijing yes lots).  I can see into a local apartment nearby and he has a good setup with turntable and 2 sets of speakers.  Trying to visit for a listen.  Meanwhile I am making do with lossless Qobuz and 1 Sonos Play 5 gen 2 speaker, whilst my gear sits idle at home

haha ??

25 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

An absolute bargain price here.

i have a pair and I rate them.

To the people who know me they know this means something.

Just ad a decent pre and a source and BOOM! GTFU! ??

Wish my partner could afford these. 

Buy them for her. Maaate!

Surely she’s worth it and each time your there you’ll have a great system to listen to.

• Like 1

I can’t believe these haven’t sold yet. They’re a steal at the price. In a few short weeks SGR will be displaying these at the Hifi show with an asking price of $33,000, yes folks, $33,000. Cazzesman is asking almost 60% off that price.  When you go to the show and decide to buy a pair you don’t want to be the one who’s missed out on these at a fantastic price. They are in sensational condition, have been fully upgraded and come with warranty. Even out of warranty SGR still offer terrific service and probably a free lunch.

If you are thinking about these send the seller a PM, he’s a great bloke and really looks after his gear. Hell, make him a reasonable offer, he can only say no if it’s too low. 

Edited by gat474
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...