Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
audiofeline

When was the last time you burned an audio CDR?

Recommended Posts

I've got a couple of rewriteables that I use for new and current tracks that our band is playing, so that I can practice my harmony parts in the car.  (BF wagon).

Also burn a disk of MP3s occasionally which I carry as backups (along with a portable CD player) when doing music for parties, in case the laptop ever lets me down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burnt some CD`s on the weekend after down loading some music from utube. Also did a couple of cassette tapes.

No laptop anymore  and my phone is just a phone  so to play music in the lounge or bedroom its cd, tape or records.

One day I am going to have to break into the modern age.

 

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JukKluk2 said:

MFB 1

Big Red Rock - Ayers Rock

Boogie Woogie Waltz - Ayers Rock

Telephone and Rubber Band - Penguin Cafe Orchestra

Torch Song - Marillion

Green Eyed Lady - Sugarloaf

This Is Where I Came In - The Bee Gees

Salisbury - Uriah Heep

Real Man - Todd Rundgren

Born to Synthesize - Todd Rundgren

The Death of Rock and Roll - Todd Rundgren

Eastern Intrigue - Todd Rundgren

Promises Promises - Dionne Warwick

 

MFB 161 has as yet not been compiled.

 

MFB 160

The King of Rome - The Unthanks

Glitter & Gold - Barns Courtney

War Baby - Tom Robinson

Atmospherics: Listen To The Radio - Tom Robinson

Hope and Glory - Tom Robinson

Felton Lonnin - The Unthanks

A Great Northern River - The Unthanks

Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) - Angelique Kidjo

Houses in Motion - Angelique Kidjo

The Overload - Angelique Kidjo

Crumbling Castle - King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Polygondwanaland - King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Searching - King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

The Fourth Colour - King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Trimdon Grange Explosion - The Unthanks

 

And, just to give you a taste of the halfway point:

 

MFB 80

Armageddon Days (Are Here Again) - The The

Indians - Peter Green Splinter Group

I Can't Help Myself - Peter Green Splinter Group

Get Rhythm - Johnny Cash

Hallelujah - The Choir of Hard Knocks

A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker

On Every Street - Dire Straits

Theme From Mission Impossible - Larry Mullen/Adam Clayton

I Never Glid Before - Gong

 Radio Gnome Invisible - Gong

Big Hotel - Big Pig

Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley And The Wailers

Redemption Song - Bob Marley And The Wailers

Time To Say Goodbye - Andrea Bocelli/Sarah Brightman

Death And Night And Blood - The Stranglers

Toiler On The Sea - The Stranglers

Piggies - The Beatles

 

Each and every track on the MFBs are sourced from my personal collection. I am now at that stage where I am going to rip needle drops from vinyl that has never crossed my path on CD, or has never even made it to CD as far as I know. I have to admit to a level of pride and satisfaction in a job (in my mind) well done.

 

WOW...Kudos to you! MFB80 sounds ok how much for a burnt copy?!? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JukKluk2 said:

MFB 1

Big Red Rock - Ayers Rock

Boogie Woogie Waltz - Ayers Rock

Telephone and Rubber Band - Penguin Cafe Orchestra

Torch Song - Marillion

Green Eyed Lady - Sugarloaf

This Is Where I Came In - The Bee Gees

Salisbury - Uriah Heep

Real Man - Todd Rundgren

Born to Synthesize - Todd Rundgren

The Death of Rock and Roll - Todd Rundgren

Eastern Intrigue - Todd Rundgren

Promises Promises - Dionne Warwick

 

MFB 161 has as yet not been compiled.

 

MFB 160

The King of Rome - The Unthanks

Glitter & Gold - Barns Courtney

War Baby - Tom Robinson

Atmospherics: Listen To The Radio - Tom Robinson

Hope and Glory - Tom Robinson

Felton Lonnin - The Unthanks

A Great Northern River - The Unthanks

Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) - Angelique Kidjo

Houses in Motion - Angelique Kidjo 

The Overload - Angelique Kidjo

Crumbling Castle - King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Polygondwanaland - King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Searching - King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

The Fourth Colour - King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Trimdon Grange Explosion - The Unthanks

 

And, just to give you a taste of the halfway point:

 

MFB 80

Armageddon Days (Are Here Again) - The The

Indians - Peter Green Splinter Group

I Can't Help Myself - Peter Green Splinter Group

Get Rhythm - Johnny Cash

Hallelujah - The Choir of Hard Knocks 

A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker

On Every Street - Dire Straits

Theme From Mission Impossible - Larry Mullen/Adam Clayton

I Never Glid Before - Gong

 Radio Gnome Invisible - Gong

Big Hotel - Big Pig

Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley And The Wailers

Redemption Song - Bob Marley And The Wailers

Time To Say Goodbye - Andrea Bocelli/Sarah Brightman

Death And Night And Blood - The Stranglers

Toiler On The Sea - The Stranglers

Piggies - The Beatles

 

Each and every track on the MFBs are sourced from my personal collection. I am now at that stage where I am going to rip needle drops from vinyl that has never crossed my path on CD, or has never even made it to CD as far as I know. I have to admit to a level of pride and satisfaction in a job (in my mind) well done.

 

A great eclectic mix!

I haven't heard of Angelique Kidjo before, but noted she has good taste in TH's songs.  Have just youtubed her - she's great.  Thanks for the tip, the MFB comp's have a greater influence than just your (very fortunate) friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Angelique Kidjo does a great version of Voodoo Chile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw AK at Hamer Hall sometime in 2007. She had 100 of us on stage shaking our tush. Dynamic performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 9:05 AM, was_a said:

Yesterday. Using Nero, loading the music file into SoftPerfect RAM first, as the sound quality is better (more natural).

 

Yes......................I have missed the discussions where I contend that pressed CDs sound better than burnt ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, LogicprObe said:

 

Yes......................I have missed the discussions where I contend that pressed CDs sound better than burnt ones.

Say what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I burn mix CDs on a regular basis to play in the car 

And speaker test CDs 

 

Last CD burnt was last week 

A progressive rock mix for the car 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, was_a said:

Say what?

 

well............they do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently threw out all my burnt CDs, which were done in the late 90's. About 90% had deteriorated and were no longer readable. And that was a variety of different popular branded media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi All,

 

Would have to be about a decade ago when I had a Honda Accord Euro, using a DAP these days.

 

JJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bob_m_54 said:

I recently threw out all my burnt CDs, which were done in the late 90's. About 90% had deteriorated and were no longer readable. And that was a variety of different popular branded media.

I have "thousands" jazz CD-Rs and only two have deteriorated over the last 2 decades and have faults on some tracks.

I always had Plextor burners (have at least dozen of them still in the garage) because they always gave me excellent results and played just as good as burned ones.

I haven't burned any for some years though.

Recently I upgraded a Sony 300 CD Mega Storage to 400 CD unit and listed to them all twice to pick the 400 most liked.

Useful in the workshop when working on stereos.

Edited by rockeater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lemarquis said:

Haven't done it for a while as I use usb to DAC. 

 

Speaking of USB....................................I played a stick in my new van and it was woeful.................so that's why I was thinking of burning CDs again.......................and then I remembered.................I have an old iphone 5 in the drawer................................so I loaded it with songs (@44.1) and its DAC sounds much, much better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Anyone who is still burning CDs, I've got 21 of them for free for pickup in Carlton. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...