Sign in to follow this  
Jeddie

What did you replace your Squeezebox with?

On 09/07/2019 at 3:59 PM, scuzzii said:

Blusound Node2.

I got out of streaming, so sold my SB Touch. But wanted to get back into it to preview albums listed on Currently Spinning, and the Node2 was giving $100 cash back. I play via external DAC. Very pleased.

+ 1

No regrets.

On 19/07/2019 at 6:13 AM, wolster said:

+ 1

No regrets.

Yep me too, swapped out the SBT for original node 2 and have since ‘upgraded’ to 2i.  I really love the interface and definitely wouldn’t go back.

I am dabbling with the idea of moving to a high end streamer (looking at NAD M50.2) an but really very happy with the node 2i run via coax into my DAC so not sure worth bothering.

I’ll have a Squeezebox Duet with remote for sale in the classifieds shortly if interested ;)

Raspberry Pi's running Ropiee - one with screen & one without a screen but with Digi One SPDIF hat. They are awesome - really reliable and sound great.

IMG_20190921_160644.JPG

IMG_20190921_160550.JPG

Squeezeboxes are running fine.

I use a PONO in the garage.

SBT, then bluesound node2 now Aria Piccolo+ also an audiopro addon c10 for shed system. I love them both

I replaced my Lukasz Fikus (lampizator) modded Squeezebox Duet with a pc based source mostly due to easier access to DSP. You can feed squeezebox Dirac/Acourate/Sonarworks DSP by using WaveInput plugin and VirtualCable but its a ton effort. I do miss LMS's new music feature and overall playback usability...

I went from the original Squeezebox to a Touch, then the EDO and modded version of the same.

After that came an Allo USBridge (tried both Volumio and DietPi, settled on the latter). The USBridge got an upgrade by running it off one of Clay's PSUs.

Currently trying a NUC in a fanless case running AudioLinux and Euphony (switching between the two while testing) with very good results.

Pined for the SB then bought an Eastern Electric DAC; after a year I sold it here and went to the CXN streamer. Upsampling and great sound despite the low res digital.

Now praying for true hi-res digital streaming at a reasonable price

I replaced my Squeezebox3 with a Yamaha np-s303 (a "network player"), mainly to try out DSD. Radio stations seemed to sound better, but I'm not sure if it's  because the streaming quality is now better than 5 or 6 years ago.

My mum had a squeeze box. My dad never got any sleep at night

Posted (edited)

Still have 3, 1 brand new still sealed in the box.

imI have a bluesound node2 now The SBT blows it away for sound quality, but not for convenience unfortunately.

Edited by Yamaha_man

Posted (edited)

Squeezebox served me well for years - changed the way I listened to music - at least when I was being lazy and did not want to change CDs.  What a revolution!

Then I wanted to streamline things and moved to a Digibit server/player with built in hdd but that was not fast enough for the high res files I eventually moved to.

Then came a number of Auralic Aries connected to my systems and a NAS.

Till I discovered Roon and the Rock on a NUC which is, to me a second revolution (or epiphany) - no more wasting time putting music in the right or wrong place or in the wrong format, setting up things, tagging files, fighting with software or hardware - just plain old enjoying the music.

Edited by Toyboyo