New AV Setup - Advice Appreciated

Hi all,

I thought I'd create this post to see if you could offer me advice on the below setup and whether it is suitable for an immersive Atmos experience for an area that's approximately 4.5m long x 3m wide. 

The seating distance is 4 metres from where the TV unit will be and the main left and right speakers. Based on this would the below setup be sufficient / is the AV receiver powerful enough to drive these speakers in a 5.1.2 configuration?

Denon AVR-X2500H Receiver

Jamo Theatre Pack -
2 x S 809 Tower Speakers
2 x S 803 Speakers for Surround Sound
1 x S 83 CEN Center Channel Speaker

Yamaha NS-IC600 ceiling speakers (for Atmos setup)

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Irek said:

Hi, 

do you have subwoofer? 

Hi Irek, sorry I forgot to include that. I have been quoted for the below -

B&W subwoofer 10” 200w (ASW610MB) for AU $850

Cheers

5 hours ago, walkerroo said:

Hi all,

I thought I'd create this post to see if you could offer me advice on the below setup and whether it is suitable for an immersive Atmos experience for an area that's approximately 4.5m long x 3m wide. 

The seating distance is 4 metres from where the TV unit will be and the main left and right speakers. Based on this would the below setup be sufficient / is the AV receiver powerful enough to drive these speakers in a 5.1.2 configuration?

Denon AVR-X2500H Receiver

Jamo Theatre Pack -
2 x S 809 Tower Speakers
2 x S 803 Speakers for Surround Sound
1 x S 83 CEN Center Channel Speaker

Yamaha NS-IC600 ceiling speakers (for Atmos setup)

Thanks in advance.

walkeroo its not a big area... 4.5m long by 3m wide. but the 4.5m length is useable and would work for 5.1 and 2 atmos speakers.

using the space is most important ! please if you can sit a bit more forward of the 4m instead try 3m ... this will put you at 2/3rd room depth give speakers especially the surrounds some room to work with. which is also really quite ideal audio wise ie not sitting in middle of room and also you are not near back to wall which is not good audio wise either.  picture wise it will do justice to your tv. dont know how big it is but 4m from any telly is probably too far... also will create  an area at the back can use for bookshelves and other things .... 

while jamo is ok... things like the s809 are a strange choice its really from their atmos range with connectors for up firing speakers and such which you dont need.... given going the far superior in ceiling approach.

in other choices....can you consider something like local brand in krix. they make stunning ht setups and from budget to top end....including the inceiling speakers.... same goes with B&W if considering them as a choice ... just as alternate options....

11 hours ago, Irek said:

I would consider AVR with pre outs - just in case. 

yes instead of the 2500 denon id try aim to 3 series as minimum gains also audyssey xt32. the models below to save cost denon are fitting audyssey xt only which is 10 plus years old tech :D 

look second hand and or demo 3 series they often pop up ! :) not costing much more

3 hours ago, Tony ray said:

There is Garethb selling a complete system in the Home Theatre classifieds for a very nice price and his also based in QLD.

Worth a look and listen I reckon.

indeed 2nd hand in av is well worth looking at for massive bargains over new ! can pick up quite a bit more for money...

5 hours ago, betty boop said:

indeed 2nd hand in av is well worth looking at for massive bargains over new ! can pick up quite a bit more for money...

A great suggestion, I'll look into this via the classifieds. Thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkerroo said:

A great suggestion, I'll look into this via the classifieds. Thank you

Sounds like you're sold on atmos but if open to not having it I am considering selling my Denon AVR4520 and Cambridge Audio 551Rv2

https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/hometheater/avreceivers/avr4520ci 

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/en/products/archive/azur-551r

Both are very respectable. In Brisbane too