Sign in to follow this  
Roh enz

Matching sub for SVS PB13

Hi guys

I wonder what other Sub brands that are equally to perform as SVS PB13? 

I have used single PB13 for 4 years now and been thinking of dual sub settings but it's very hard to get PB13 in the markets (since I'm on budget now and looking for 2nd hand) 

So if i wanna get other alternatives, wat should i get? Any recommendations? 

Thxsss

Yeah i saw tat, but i live in perth, i want to buy n pick it up discretely without my wife knowing about it 😅

She disapproved another mini fridge size subwoofer... 

hmm wont find anything smaller that "matches" does it have to actually equal the output of the 13? if you place it near seating it can be smaller. last 3 ultra's i saw went for $1500. that covers many subs.

26 minutes ago, Roh enz said:

Yeah i saw tat, but i live in perth, i want to buy n pick it up discretely without my wife knowing about it 😅

She disapproved another mini fridge size subwoofer... 

Perhaps something like a Vaf platform sub would suit WAF. Don't see used ones come up often, but you could try a WTB ad.

30 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

hmm wont find anything smaller that "matches" does it have to actually equal the output of the 13? if you place it near seating it can be smaller. last 3 ultra's i saw went for $1500. that covers many subs.

Doesnt have to be smaller, just as long as i can pick it up myself, not delivered (coz my wife would find out), i would love to have tat spa 1800.

Yeah i missed tat, i just recently join tis group. Been lookin on gumtree or FB but no luck so far

I have found it hard to match the PB 13 as it has such a heavy thump compared to other Subs. I have  a PSA 15 but the PB13 just takes over when played loud.

2 hours ago, Tony ray said:

I have found it hard to match the PB 13 as it has such a heavy thump compared to other Subs. I have  a PSA 15 but the PB13 just takes over when played loud.

So PSA 15 is still cant do as good as pb13 in ur opinion? 

Hmmm... 

I wonder if SB13 would do

There is some one selling SB but not sure if it would be a good match wit PB

2 hours ago, Tony ray said:

How have you integrated the 2 subs?  I have a SB13U and SB2000 but they compliment one another even though the SB13U has double the power. 

I have the PSA 15 sitting next to as a table And at normal volume watching movies it great and I use YPOA to intergrate them. Its when I play music very loud ( 110 db ) the heavy sound of the PB13 just takes over. So I turn off the PSA 15.

Roh hens the SB13 should match well as I think it has the same Massive driver the PB 13 has.

If you want to integrate your existing PB13 with another sub, by far the easiest choice (besides a PB/PC13 Ultra) will be either a PB-4000 or PC-4000 as they are extremely similar.

If you want to blend your PB13U with an SB13U, you will almost certainly have to run the PB13 in sealed mode to avoid phase cancellations around the PBs port tune. Ed Mullen from SVS has talked about this on AVS forum before. You would lose a few dB under 30-40Hz (3-5dB?)but would gain above that + have the potential for a smoother response.

4 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

How have you integrated the 2 subs?  I have a SB13U and SB2000 but they compliment one another even though the SB13U has double the power. 

But both are sealed, they have the same characteristics, only power differences 

Not sure if there ay noticeable different combining ported and sealed

2 hours ago, jamiebosco said:

If you want to integrate your existing PB13 with another sub, by far the easiest choice (besides a PB/PC13 Ultra) will be either a PB-4000 or PC-4000 as they are extremely similar.

If you want to blend your PB13U with an SB13U, you will almost certainly have to run the PB13 in sealed mode to avoid phase cancellations around the PBs port tune. Ed Mullen from SVS has talked about this on AVS forum before. You would lose a few dB under 30-40Hz (3-5dB?)but would gain above that + have the potential for a smoother response.

PC series are not possible because i will be putting the sub at the front right below the screen (the current PB is on the left side), with PC, it would block screen, so not an option for me unfortunately 

Ported & sealed, the ported has to follow the sealed settings yes? 

This is why i hesitate to get the SB13U, someone is selling it for $1800 atm