Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy8

How large a TV for Free To Air?

15 minutes ago, blybo said:

@Snoopy8 Do you use a Harmony remote? If so avoid Hisence TV's, the 2 don't play well with eachother. We bought 1 to replace our base model Samsung LCD. After a week of not getting it to work with our Harmony remote (a non negotiable) it is now in our "cardio" room as an expensive monitor for my virtual cycling software.

Yes a big fan of Harmony remotes (and I am currently playing with a complex starting sequence for a Pana UB9000 player).  Thank you for heads up on Hisense.  They seem to have value for money TVs but looks like  I can cross them off.

Daughter and partner have a Hisence 65" and control it via their ph's which seem to do the job.

I was down in Bleak City a little while ago and she  had to go to work and left me on the couch and she just grabbed my android(they have apple) and cast to the TV and that was it...all the TV functions were on my ph.

2 minutes ago, Luc said:

Daughter and partner have a Hisence 65" and control it via their ph's which seem to do the job.

I was down in Bleak City a little while ago and she  had to go to work and left me on the couch and she just grabbed my android(they have apple) and cast to the TV and that was it...all the TV functions were on my ph.

Yeah a fine TV, but they don't have a scrolling input order or direct input codes like the majority of TV's, you have to use the cursor to select the input... on our 1 at least and the Harmony remotes can't work that way.

36 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Does not mention FTA viewing, but then most articles on TVs don't even refer to it...

Along lines of what I posted earlier ...this is for blu-Ray 1080p

remember fta tv is not even 1080p

it is 1080i if very lucky but quite sub par from that due to squeezed bit rate from multichanneling . Likely get 720p for HD at best and even then sub par from that. Most cases even sd tv is sub par what eg good studio shot DVD capable off ...

some will remember the old hdtv loops they used to demo digital tv... sorry but quality that level looking through window never transpired with strangled but rate mostly holding back ...