FS: Bonsai trees, part of a big collection.

Neo

Item: Bonsai trees, please see pictures and associated descriptions 
Price: Varies see description 
Item Condition: Healthy 
Reason for selling: these are extra projects that I acquired many years ago, but being time poor will have to go to a good home. 

I still have many Bonsai trees, so not quitting this wonderful hobby
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
Extra Info: 1 
Port Jackson Fig - Close to 15 years in training - $150

2 Ficus - Big base, with wonderful root structure very easy to train the top for a classic bonsai shape - $180

3 Ligustrum - Close to 15 years now, a classic shaped bonsai that is ready for a bonsai pot. Very hardy and easy to look after  -  $120

4 Japanese Maple forest A stunner to say the least close to 20 years now, stunning intricate pattern leaves. One of the more desirable maple species. With just a little training and a shallow bonsai pot, it will be a classic bonsai that you see in all the Japanese bonsai books. A must if you have a collection or just want the one to enjoy and care for - Sold

5 Port Jackson Fig - An absolute stunner, close to 20 years now - $155

6 Ligustrum - An absolute stunner, close to 30 years now, has a driftwood feature. Continue to refine or place in a bonsai pot to enjoy. A real collectors piece - $400

Photos:

BCED26AB-6CB1-4F90-8DB9-9FD79FE98B94.jpeg

16898338-D8A5-4E27-9EA9-7B66690A66E1.jpeg

4CC26997-9FF1-49BE-9E0C-FB911D8EC3AC.jpeg

E1B3FE63-1B6C-414A-B9B7-6BEACDBFB9CB.jpeg

BEECC53C-9548-471A-9904-084B8954360C.jpeg

036ED466-A740-43D1-A64E-BE57A42F19F4.jpeg

Edited by Neo
  • Like 11

Happy to discuss with local members prices and with spring coming a perfect start to the hobby. Happy to chat all things bonsai as I still have a large collection and have been doing the hobby for a very long time

Neo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwbasement said:

The jap maple is my favorite bonsai...on my wish list.

Here’s a perfect opportunity to acquire one, not many examples exist with such big trunks or this forest setting. It takes a very long time to get a base like that.

Neo

• Like 1

Yes, I like it. But can't afford it unfortunately. No.3 is also nice.
How many hours of sun do they need a day?

Here’s a perfect opportunity to acquire one, not many examples exist with such big trunks or this forest setting. It takes a very long time to get a base like that.
Neo

@Neo'

My main interest in life before audio is plants.  I adore bonsai in terms of what can achieved to imitate the age of a plant in a container and it also art.  I decided many years ago not to go down the bonsai path mainly because I would not be able to stop.  I have a serious collector predisposition.  You have a superb collection.  Some people will be very fortunate to acquire some of your specimens.

Best of luck with the sale.  I do not think I could give up my friends easily.

John

• Like 1

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Assisi said:

I decided many years ago not to go down the bonsai path mainly because I would not be able to stop. 

As a kid I spent hours upon hours invested in Bonsai. The days before the internet meant scouring libraries for books and buying magazines etc.

It was a genuine fascination, triggered probably by the scene in The Karate Kid.

Like you though, later in life now I have this urge to re-immerse myself in the hobby and I imagine that now, so much information would be available.

Must resist temptation!

Some beautiful examples @Neo - luckily for me you're not more local :)

2 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Can they be re-potted into a large pot?

Absolutely, but that’s done when you train them. The final pot should be somewhat proportional to the size of the tree

Neo

21 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Oh, not possible for me then, we just moved to an unit....don't get much direct sun unfortunately. I can stop thinking about it then...emoji17.png

At my parents they are in the balcony in a block of flats, so partial sun is ok as well. Just no sun, is definitely not the way to go when caring for bonsai trees. PM pic where you thinking of placing the bonsai.

Neo

Any questions that members have, just let me know as I have been absorbed into this hobby for many years and would know the answer if not immediately, but after some quick research. I have an extensive library of bonsai books from many well know authors on this subject 

Neo