Errors while CD ripping

9 minutes ago, firedog said:

As silly as it sounds: clean the CD. In many cases that solved the problem for me. 

It’s a disc reading issue, and it most likely the Apple SuperDrive. Trust me, it’s not dirty discs. 

On 04/07/2019 at 4:03 PM, Sime V2 said:

Does anyone have any ways of solving this issue when you buy a cd, try to rip it, and then it just ejects and says there's an error. I know its most likely copy protection, but is there a way around it. I rip with either iTunes or Phile Audio on a Mac. Both programs fail on the same Song.

Usually I try and buy the failed songs online but for this Opeth CD, I cant even buy this particular song unless I buy the whole album online. Bloody annoying. 

Cheers.

As others have said, optical drive selection can have a significant impact.

However, if this is a copy protection issue as you have suggested, you could always try CloneCD. I know they previously offered a free trial but I am not sure if this is still available (this is not mentioned on the page).

https://www.redfox.bz/en/clonecd.html

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Space Hi-Fi said:

As others have said, optical drive selection can have a significant impact.

However, if this is a copy protection issue as you have suggested, you could always try CloneCD. I know they previously offered a free trial but I am not sure if this is still available (this is not mentioned on the page).

https://www.redfox.bz/en/clonecd.html

By memory, you couldn't save the file in the free trail period.

• 1 month later...

There either a LG DVD burner for $69 or a Samsung Blu-Ray burner for $139, both USB, at a local store I could buy so I might try one of those, my Apple Super Drive is still causing errors and stopping. 

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon...

My CD transport is all but sold. I want to rip my JJJ like a version CDs to play via a SSD on my bluesound node2.

With multiple passes etc. for error correction... is there any reason to get anything better than one of these?

77B26011-B4E6-462D-8ABF-E60C760045FF.png

CFB87B78-14E0-4B3D-962F-F358155251D0.png

Edited by furtherpale

3 hours ago, Sime said:

Well I bought the LG burner and it’s all good, all the recent disc’s my Apple SuperDrive rejected, the LG ripped them all. 

Great news! I have found LG and also Pioneer drives to be among the best that I have used.

• Like 1