AU/NZ Power Cable Plugs

Hello readers,

Can someone please send me a link for less expensive (i.e. NOT Furutech) AU/NZ power cable plug ends. I live in NZ but currently in USA and need to change out 110V plug back to 230/240V type. You know about the rich stuff...and I've read there's some phony oyiade brands out there...I can't locate even 230V Wattgates on the net. There must be some out there that isn't too pricey.... less than $25 US.  I know I can butcher some from Bunnings Warehouse to fit... that's crass, right? 

I love my Tara power cables but even they NOW only use Furutech.  Any help appreciated.  Cheers for that,  Alex

I'm newbie here so forgive... I just saw this existing section after setting up this in general questions category:  

I need to swap out the end plugs to my Tara Labs power plugs (3) currently set for 110V here in Amerika to 230/240V per AU/NZ.  I certainly can spend $150 per plug at Tara Labs (a different place now that Matt is gone) who will use Furutechs at that price plus their labor. Each entire cable cost me less originally. I had a link for Oyaide (sp) but went round in circles and found word on this forum that there often cheap or bogus imitations. I can't even find Wattgates for AU/NZ.

Your help appreciated in sending me a link or other idea. Thanks for your suggestions.  alejandro

I don't think using plugs from Bunnings is crass, and there is no butchering involved. As long as the cable is rated for 240V it should fit without issues. The (audiophile) secret lies in correct termination and clamping.

I'm talking technical here, not about rules and regulations, BTW.

1 hour ago, Steffen said:

I don't think using plugs from Bunnings is crass, and there is no butchering involved. As long as the cable is rated for 240V it should fit without issues. The (audiophile) secret lies in correct termination and clamping.

I'm talking technical here, not about rules and regulations, BTW.

Steffen thank you for your comments. Sure I can use Bunnings stuff. But I did just get a semi-deal by connecting with Bruce at VooDoo Cables in Oakland, CA.  Three quality plugs they use on their lower end cables will cost me $93. Good enough for me!  Cheers, Alex

I think this is another common AUS plug some high end power cables use besides Furutech: www.clipsal.com/Trade/Products/ProductDetail?CatNo=1439S&c=1&ms=2&mg=383

I don't think Oyaide have AUS plugs. What you can find are probably for China and might not even be authentic.

1 hour ago, A J said:

Solid those plugs - can’t go wrong

Indeed I have 6 of them in non-critical leads--still tricky with some oversized cabling but seem to be rugged and have good solid feel.

I've since heard they (MRCU) have sold out and MK are no longer manufacturing the AUS/NZ versions --sad☹️

Willco

Thank you to Willco, AJ, gt1482, and Steffen for your comments and posts to my search for AU/NZ ac plugs. I have found a trio of them for my need through Bruce R at VooDoo cables in Oakland, CA. He uses these in his cables. I bought the Basic Bronze at $25US each. He also has Gold and Rhodium at $45 & $65.

Wonderful to deal with, easy to find.  Again, Cheers, alejandro

Hello readers,
Can someone please send me a link for less expensive (i.e. NOT Furutech) AU/NZ power cable plug ends. I live in NZ but currently in USA and need to change out 110V plug back to 230/240V type. You know about the rich stuff...and I've read there's some phony oyiade brands out there...I can't locate even 230V Wattgates on the net. There must be some out there that isn't too pricey.... less than $25 US.  I know I can butcher some from Bunnings Warehouse to fit... that's crass, right? 
I love my Tara power cables but even they NOW only use Furutech.  Any help appreciated.  Cheers for that,  Alex

clipsal 56p 310 plugs
Handles fat cables.
insulated plugs.
Aust. use approved
cost: $25 AUD
  • Like 1