Sign in to follow this  
Hi Fi Delirium

FS: THORENS TD-165 Turntable

Posted (edited)

ITEM: THORENS TD-165 Turntable

CONDITION: Overall running well but has occasional drop out issue due to worn tonearm socket for headshell (pins on headshell have stretched their sockets on tonearm). Will probably need a new arm unless there is a way of fixing it. Other than that, it is physically great and well maintained and has new custom made acrylic lid. Ex-University of Qld Music and this is etched on front alum plate near cueing switch RH side.

DESCRIPTION: Selling this turntable on behalf of non-internet savvy friend who can’t afford a new arm for it. Currently has Stanton 500-II cart on it. Is well serviced and had new RCA cable fitted not long ago. Sounds great but has an intermittent channel drop out which is likely caused by stretched headshell pin sockets in tonearm. A clever person may have a simple fix for this, or you may just want to put an upgraded arm on it.

REASON FOR SELLING: Not sure how to fix tonearm issue and owner does not want to buy new tonearm for it.

PRICE: $500$450  $400

PAYMENT METHODS: Cash on pick-up, Paypal.

EXTRA INFO:  Close to being a great turntable with a bit more TLC.  PS. I am also selling an SME 3009 Series III arm on SNA, which would probably be a good match on this deck.

PHOTOS: 

Thorens Terry TD165 (3).JPG

Thorens Terry TD165 (6).JPG

Thorens Terry TD165 (5).JPG

Edited by CJDJ
Price drop

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gemini07
      Item: Cables as per specific details below
      Price: As per individual item descriptions below.
      Item Condition: Most are as new.
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: As agreed.
      Extra Info: Freighting at buyer's expense.

Photos: 

Pictures 1 & 2: DH Labs Red Wave power cable, one metre. Excellent condition - $149.00. This is a heavy and well built power cable that made an immediate improvement in my system. SOLD.
      Picture 3: DHLabs pair of Silver Sonic RCA interconnects, 1.0 metres. Excellent condition, unused. $139.
      Pictures 4 & 5: WireWorld pair of Eclipse 7 RCA interconnect, 0.5 metres. As new (barely used) and comes with WireWorld case). $229.00.
      Picture 6: Zhafino pair of 0.75 metre RCA interconnects. Very good condition, $79.00. SOLD.
      Pictures 7, 8, & 9: WireWorld pair of 2.5 metre Eclipse 7 speaker cables. As new. Comes with WireWorld case. These made an immediate improvement to all aspects of the sound quality of my system. Includes two pairs of genuine silver spade and banana plugs. $990.00 (RRP on line is well over $2,000.) Please note that these speaker cables are quite heavy and thick due to their unique design.

• By Family Jules
      Item: Graham Slee Accession MC
      Price: $1300 for pick up, $1350 for postage within Australia inc. insurance
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      As you can see from the photos this unit is in immaculate condition and comes with all the original packaging. It was purchased brand new from Wyndham Audio in June 2018 and was in use for about 12 months. I am selling purely because I decided to upgrade a few months ago.

The Accession MC provides four different input impedance settings (500, 300, 100 and 75 ohms). It also has several different EQ settings which are easily switchable from the front panel - RIAA which is the standard for most records, American & British which caters for the NAB & FFRR standards used in the 40s and 50s and also CA/Flat (which is what the record sounds like without any equalisation after the Accession has applied its cartridge equalisation). For further info on this I suggest going to the GS website  https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/phono-preamps/accession-mc-phono-preamp.html
      I have also included a screen shot of the specs with the photos below.

I have owned a few different Graham Slee units over the years and they never fail to impress, to say they punch weigh above their weight is a massive understatement. I honestly have no idea how they manage to create such wonderfully detailed and authentic sound that is utterly transparent for such a reasonable price and in such a tiny package.

If you would like to read a detailed review of this unit please go here:
      http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/graham-slee-accession-mc-moving-coil-phono-preamplifier/

If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By tamamontu
      Item:  Krix Tropix 6.5” 110W Outdoor Speakers - Black
      Price: 460$
      Item Condition: Brand new. Still in its original packing. See the photos.
      Reason for selling: Selling them because no longer plan to install them, changed to wireless speakers.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank transfer, Shipping at buyers cost/payment prior to shipping please.
      Extra Info: Brand new box packed.

Pictures:
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By babyccino
      Item: D10 USB DAC
      Price: $100
      Item Condition: excellent 
      Reason for selling: moving 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: Excellent condition.
      Bought it ~1yr ago and have had no issues whatsoever.
      Excellent little dac with beautiful sound. https://www.amazon.com.au/Decoder-Amplifier-TOPPING-ES9018K2M-OPA2134/dp/B07B46KQVP

Photos: 
    • By Sunnybridge
      Item: dcs verdi transport
      Price: $3000
      Item Condition: good
      Reason for selling: upgrade 
      Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: rrp usd $11000. 
      come with remote manual and original box. Good working condition.  New Laser has been replaced 2 yr ago. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.