Sign in to follow this  
ppaul

Monitor Audio Owners & Discussion Thread

nice very nice - sometimes i wished i purchased the GS60 in lieu of the RS8 at the time. im very happy with the RS8 for HT.

IMG_0907.thumb.JPG.a5181c8631e7e54619b568937af0d0ab.JPG

Picked up my First pair Of Monitor Audio Monitor ONE's 2 days ago for 70 bucks not knowing really what to expect.

They are my first listen to Monitor and im finding myself continually drawn back to the room for a listen, VERY impressive defiantly a fan!!!

Even the wife came in for a listen and rates them.

Edited by xCombatWombatx

On 03/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, ollie_08 said:

Enjoying what the the MA Silver 8's are delivering👍

IMG20190929204120.jpg

IMG20190921153718.jpg

I would only ever consider getting rid of my Silver 8s for something further up the MA tree. Nice to see them set up s well too. 👍

On 03/10/2019 at 5:07 PM, rantan said:

Nah, it's all kosher for me mate and don't worry, I am never precious at all.

I actually think your assessment of the 300 is astute.

They actually brought on a headache when I heard them, I blamed everything except the speakers but they lack bass and as a result they sound thin, shrill and cold. Even being objective, the $3K I spent on the 500 sis probably equal to the best buy I have made this decade ( along with my  still-in residence B&W CDM 9NT.

I swap them around periodically and love 'em both.

This is concerning as I really dont want to have to consider, gulp, more "upgrades"......😔

@crisis if you like what you hear, do you need to consider an upgrade, remember there is always something better, i have had my Monitor Audio RS6's for 15yrs so for, and a pair of Bronze BX2's for a couple, no plans to change

15738626731701764091265.jpg

15738627609911764020993.jpg

Heads up for anyone here considering MA. 

Melbourne hifi have a pretty decent sale on Gold 100, 200 and 300's.  And they will audition with hours notice (I rang them).

The 300's are down from 10k to just over 6k. They are brand new and they have to order from MA, said 24 hours so in hifi talk maybe 2 weeks?

Anyway, still a bargain.

Edited by rodders3
spelling

On 16/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, wen said:

@crisis if you like what you hear, do you need to consider an upgrade, remember there is always something better, i have had my Monitor Audio RS6's for 15yrs so for, and a pair of Bronze BX2's for a couple, no plans to change

Definitely. But this doesn't help....

On 16/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, rodders3 said:

Heads up for anyone here considering MA. 

Melbourne hifi have a pretty decent sale on Gold 100, 200 and 300's.  And they will audition with hours notice (I rang them).

The 300's are down from 10k to just over 6k. They are brand new and they have to order from MA, said 24 hours so in hifi talk maybe 2 weeks?

Anyway, still a bargain.

Picked up a set of MA Bronze B2 in mint condition for a second room 2 channel setup. Paired up with a 70’s amp they are delightful. I am scared to drag my Bronze 6 into this setup as they wont go back I am sure. 

3F3AC2EB-51CE-4829-8CB7-332E24853E0A.jpeg

On 03/07/2019 at 9:29 PM, candyflip said:

I've had my eye on the Bronze One or Two's for months now.... just waiting to pull the trigger to replace my older Mission MX-1's. Haven't heard them, but have heard much *about* them.

Someone is trying to tempt me away with a pair of Elac Debut B5.2's, and/or the Cambridge Aero 2's as well - so I'm really torn. All of them get great reviews from the UK audio press.....  :frantics:

I'm in a similar situation. I'm sick of the crap audio from my newish bravia so I've done some basic research and without having listened to anything my cross-hairs are now down to two options to experience and compare first. First is Yamaha wxa-50 with either Monitor Audio Bronze 2 or Silver 100. OR a set of KEF LSX. Just need some time to get to a local KEF dealer which is Miles away from me. 

For me its as basic as it gets. I need something smallish and its just for sports audio and an occasional bit of music. 

Very appreciative of any other suggestions. 

Edited by NAYR
Spelling/punctuation

34 minutes ago, NAYR said:

Very appreciative of any other suggestions. 

Suggestions (alternative) to another thread/topic please. This is the Monitor Audio owner's thread.