Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Chilli Salami - is there a source ?

We bought some from local market a month or so ago. was absolutely delicious... we only use in thin slices to spice things up at times. missing it cant seem to find anything similar. market guy has gone awol... not seen again.

is there another source ... ? am not talking the super market quite bland variety.... 

31 minutes ago, betty boop said:

We bought some from local market a month or so ago. was absolutely delicious... we only use in thin slices to spice things up at times. missing it cant seem to find anything similar. market guy has gone awol... not seen again.

is there another source ... ? am not talking the super market quite bland variety.... 

Yeah me!

As soon as I get me second kitchen finished (hopefully inn the next 2-3 weeks) i'll be making a big batch!!! Only real meat and love goes into my salami...ahem let me think about re-phrasing that  xD

7 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Yeah me!

As soon as I get me second kitchen finished (hopefully inn the next 2-3 weeks) i'll be making a big batch!!! Only real meat and love goes into my salami...ahem let me think about re-phrasing that  xD

:D

cant wait !!

I've just been getting the Hot Cherizo stuff form Coles.

17 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

I've just been getting the Hot Cherizo stuff form Coles.

thats a seperate problem .... good chorizo... but working on the good hot salami problem first :D

perhaps I need to put an APB out on the local market hot salami guy :) while tubular gets things going ! 

I'm not an aficionado, but I've always found Tibaldi Hot Chilli Salami to be a good off the shelf option. Shouldn't be too hard to find. My local IGA has it.  

@Monty love your avatar. 

37 minutes ago, Monty said:

I'm not an aficionado, but I've always found Tibaldi Hot Chilli Salami to be a good off the shelf option. Shouldn't be too hard to find. My local IGA has it.  

Thanks Monty ! Will check out :)

19 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

Yeah me!

Let me know if you want some chilli. I'm growing some Carolina Reaper this spring/summer. Skull and crossbones stuff. :D

19 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Let me know if you want some chilli. I'm growing some Carolina Reaper this spring/summer. Skull and crossbones stuff. :D

I've made beef jerky with that stuff, you can feel your teeth burning.

20 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I think that's not how put love in your salami, but it IS how you add fear and trepidation, as well as completely mask the flavours of anything but the chilli.

2 hours ago, Uncle Seth said:

I think that's not how put love in your salami, but it IS how you add fear and trepidation, as well as completely mask the flavours of anything but the chilli.

Just a teensy bit?  :D

Looks like possibility salami guy turning upto our market this weekend. Will get some to tide over.

In mean time we found primo stuff at local supermarket ... blech...

Ask your local butcher. Clever people, they are.

Maybe they can put you on to a decent source if they don't produce any, or you don't favour their product.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Seth said:

Ask your local butcher. Clever people, they are.

Maybe they can put you on to a decent source if they don't produce any, or you don't favour their product.

no harm asking. will do :)