Bronal

SOLD: FS: Melody P1688S Preamp

Posted (edited)

Item: Melody P1688S Preamp
Price: $1750 plus freight NOTE REDUCED PRICE
Item Condition: 9/10
Reason for selling: Reducing the number of preamps I have
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank transfer
Extra Info: This is the 'S' model - no remote but has a DACT stepped attenuator.  It is in superb condition, with no dings or scratches, although there is a slight imperfection at the back of the valve cage that came from the factory.  Importantly, there are no scratches around the holes for the valve cage feet. It comes with a full complement of high-quality valves - Sylvania VT-231 inputs, CBS Hytron 6SN7 drivers, Mullard GZ34 rectifier and TJ Full Music 101Ds (used for voltage regulation).  I have the original packaging and can ship anywhere in Australia.  It has two output levels - 12 and 20dB.

Photos:

2019-06-30 (31).JPG

2019-06-30 (32).JPG

2019-06-30 (33).JPG

Edited by Bronal
Price reduction

37 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

@TerryO :)

Before I buy it myself.

It’s yours mate.

I used one of these briefly and have not had a nicer sound pre in any of my systems over the years.

@Bronal

You have some supurb preamps in your collection - saw your Doge ad last week - and it makes me wonder just how good the one you're keeping is!

I'd be very interested in this one, if I could do without remote.

Good luck with the sale. 

Posted (edited)

I am seriously amazed that this Melody Pre is still for sale, even though things are tight at present for most everyone money wise this is still one hell of a bargain for a pre that is just so very good and rare as rocking horse dodo.

.... Terry 

Edited by TerryO

37 minutes ago, TerryO said:

I am seriously amazed that this Melody Pre is still for sale, even though things are tight at present for most everyone money wise this is still one hell of a bargain for a pre that is just so very good and rare as rocking horse dodo.

.... Terry 

Totally agree,  I have an older Melody valve amp that I'll never sell  - they just have a magical quality and if I hadn't recently bought a valve pre would be all over this! 

Had the same pre amp for many years and was totally content. The melody is a piece of engineering

/manufacturing brilliance that sounds, importantly wonderful. I had mine for many years using various sources with the same power amp- a Macintosh mc275.  

This is beautiful.

At this price I want to buy it and I don’t need a preamp. Wow, beautiful.