Cost effective sound quality upgrade for streaming audio

Having followed the naim forum on this topic for a while I finally took the plunge and moved all audio components off a netgear GS724t onto a cisco catalyst 2960. Best $150 I ever spent. A surprising noticeable improvement 

More info here also

Don’t shoot the messenger, I didn’t believe it either..until I did it. Highly recommended.
  • Like 2

Source is tidal, and ripped CDs on a Nuc running Roon ROCK streaming to a Sotm sms-200 ultra. Sotm and Nuc are located in hifi rack with amp and are the only devices connected to the cisco switch, the rest of the house is off the netgear.

Edited by Mrpseudonym
Clarity

• 2 weeks later...

Bought off ebay. Just checked there are some still around, although not from the seller I bought from. You want one of the white boxed ones, not the blue/green.  There are quite a few variants. The number of uplink ports (2 or 4) doesn’t matter, but I went with a 10/100 model rather than gigabit as it was the one on the naim forum that everyone had success with. If you search ebay for this one  Cisco WS-C2960C-8TC ... it will do the job.

let me know how you go!

That is the one I have. here is the comparison table https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/catalyst-2960-c-series-switches/models-comparison.html#2960

I would think that any without PoE would be ok, and as I said earlier I stuck with 10/100 (despite having a gigabit network). Throughput has been fine.