Yamaha RX-V3079 or later VS Onkyo TX-RZ730

I have been waiting patiently for a second hand RX-V3079 (RX-A3050) or later to turn up somewhere as an upgrade to my existing setup. My room is currently wired for 7.2.2 + 1 zone with front height speakers and I could in future put in two ceiling mounted speakers at the back to have 7.2.4 + 1 zone. 

I have discovered that the Yamaha amps can't easily cater for my desire to potentially do 7.2.4 + 1 zone. You can read about what speakers I have in this thread...

I just stumbled across Eastwood Hifi who have a sale on at the moment for the Onkyo TX-RZ730 for $1399. From my reading of the manual this can do 7.2.2 + 1 zone out of the box. Looking at some forums its auto-EQ might be better than Yamaha's? 

What am I missing? Is the power handling not on par? Something else that makes it cheap compared to the Yamaha? I have always owned Yamaha so i am out of my knowledge zone with this brand....

i reckon onkyo of late have been loading more into their avrs at lower prices due to the years of the HDMI board scandal. so dollar for dollar you get more in their lower level avrsbecause they do deals.

yamaha have a tried and true upper 3 tier "A" range of avrs that really dont change. the ypao is, from readings and limited use, not so good with subs until the 3080 range while i have read the onks own system has been improved from early versions.

as for watts.. here onkyo do the now usual total B.S. of posting non real world ever to be used 175 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 channel driven, IEC).. really? show me a ht set up with one speaker. but it does have THX selct so it had to reach a standard, strange they dont publish it. power use shows 760w so this is good but may be misleading.

yammy shows Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven)

150W (8ohms, 0.06% THD) so it has more to offer and is 7kgs heavier (power supply bigger maybe?)

sometimes best to stick with what you know.

• Thanks 1