Sign in to follow this  
mrCAMPO

Dynamat any good? Ceiling Speakers

Guys,

http://www.dynamat.com/architectural-home/architectural-home-dynabox/

Curious if these things change the sound quality i.e. better bass/increased range etc?

I have a pair of Paradigm 8" Elite speakers ready to install into an outside alfresco and although they are outside speakers, I was more curious if they'll improve sound, rather than the isolation benefits it mentions.

13 minutes ago, mrCAMPO said:

Guys,

http://www.dynamat.com/architectural-home/architectural-home-dynabox/

Curious if these things change the sound quality i.e. better bass/increased range etc?

I have a pair of Paradigm 8" Elite speakers ready to install into an outside alfresco and although they are outside speakers, I was more curious if they'll improve sound, rather than the isolation benefits it mentions.

absolute MUST do ! 

something i used for my 3D audio in-ceiling  speakers and would highly recommend. gives the speakers some enclosure to work within and removes interacting with other speakers also in-ceiling. plus providing some protection from dust and what other creepy crawlies that tend to inhabit those ceiling spaces. 

if dont want to use them there are also inceiling speakers with closed back eg the ones krix make that are also a pretty good alternative

"ultra flexible". 

The third most desired property of a speaker enclosure. 

Thanks purr, did you do some sound testing with and without the enclosures? Big difference?

A good point too about the creepy crawlies too!

52 minutes ago, betty boop said:

absolute MUST do ! 

something i used for my 3D audio in-ceiling  speakers and would highly recommend. gives the speakers some enclosure to work within and removes interacting with other speakers also in-ceiling. plus providing some protection from dust and what other creepy crawlies that tend to inhabit those ceiling spaces. 

if dont want to use them there are also inceiling speakers with closed back eg the ones krix make that are also a pretty good alternative

5 minutes ago, mrCAMPO said:

Thanks purr, did you do some sound testing with and without the enclosures? Big difference?

A good point too about the creepy crawlies too!

plenty already done on this mrcampo google is your friend..... in my case absolute and very much necessity as I didnt want sound travelling through ceiling cavity between floors taking sound to room above and rest of house .... or any of other things mentioned happening...

Yep I've used these too.  I climbed in the ceiling post-installation and had a listen, and there is ZERO noise bleed.  They're a must have if you want to get better performance, in numerous areas, from in ceilings.

Just grabbed a pair of these for the alfresco. They look and feel really well made, the long foam bit is dense! Anyway, they sound fantastic and the speakers really came to life, coupled with the Heos HS2 amp that I connected it to. They go unbelievably loud!

Just now, mrCAMPO said:

Just grabbed a pair of these for the alfresco. They look and feel really well made, the long foam bit is dense! Anyway, they sound fantastic and the speakers really came to life, coupled with the Heos HS2 amp that I connected it to. They go unbelievably loud!

Yep, they're a must have for in ceilings.