Sign in to follow this  
Ralfi

LG 2019 OLEDs

Dedicated thread for LG’s 2019 range of OLEDs...

https://www.techradar.com/news/lg-tv-catalog-2019-heres-every-lg-tv-model-coming-in-2019

The C9 has been out for a few weeks & getting great reviews...

LG OLED C9 (available in 55, 65, 75 inches): The newest C Series model is confirmed, and experience teaches us to expect a neat balance of performance and price, without ditching the company's latest processor to do it. Last year's LG C8 came with a 2.2 soundbar too. Sets will retail at $2,499 / £2,499 (around AU$3,500) for the 55-inch, $3,299 / £3,299 (around AU$4,600) for the 65-inch, or $6,999 / £7,499 (around AU$9,800) for the 77-inch.

US models: OLED55C9PUA, OLED65C9PUA, OLED77C9PUA (available April / May)

UK models: OLED55C9PLA, OLED65C9PLA, OLED77C9PLA (available April)

The B9 is a surprise - it’s not downgraded with the prior years processor, as the B8 was...

LG OLED B9 (available in 55, 65 inches): Unlike last year's LG B8 model, the more budget-friendly B Series OLED won't be left behind with an ageing processor. The LG B9 will carry the a9 (Gen 2) chip, though with a cheaper build and less advanced panel than the other OLEDs in this list.

UK models: OLED55B9PLA, OLED65B9PLA (available July)

US models: OLED55B9PUA, OLED65B9PUA (no release date)

Who’s enjoying their C9? & who are planning to grab another in LG’s range?

I think I will be buying a C9 65”, when they are on special. Would love to buy the 77”, but 10k+ is just a tad too much for a tv for me.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

@awayward  Glad you love it.

Did you get a good price?  and from where?

Bought it from Harvey Norman, pretty much paid full retail $5395.

I think it is fairly hard to get a discount when a model has just been released, although HN did have bonuses, a $350 HN gift card and a $500 eftpos gift card, so I look at it as $850 off, I was happy with that.

Well done.  Thanks for the info, and sit back and enjoy.   :thumb:

On 23/06/2019 at 5:18 PM, awayward said:

Bought it from Harvey Norman, pretty much paid full retail $5395.

I think it is fairly hard to get a discount when a model has just been released, although HN did have bonuses, a $350 HN gift card and a $500 eftpos gift card, so I look at it as $850 off, I was happy with that.

Bloody typical after you buy something, Harvey Norman and JB Hi Fi have the C9 for under $4000

2 hours ago, awayward said:

Bloody typical after you buy something, Harvey Norman and JB Hi Fi have the C9 for under $4000

Let’s ignore that. 😏

What juicy sources are you throwing at your C9? How are 1080p Blu-Ray’s upscaled? (I have a decent collection of BD, but will of course start grabbing UHD titles once I decide on a 4K set).

Also, are you a gamer & Foxtel subscriber? How do these look? & is there one picture mode that handles them all (my Panasonic has a “THX” picture mode that handles everything & saves me switching between them).

On 29/06/2019 at 4:16 PM, awayward said:

Always the way for me!

Im shocked at how much the price dropped since release with the recent sales. Yes I expected drops but not this much. It (65") was going for $3650 the other day on ebay, almost made me regret buying my Sony OLED in the last 1-2 months.

You have the tv now, enjoy it. By all accounts its awesome!

Edited by six8six

Yes prices are under $4k now for the C9 65". I had planned to get an E9 but still kinda scarce and hard to justify the premium price when the C9 is so similar.

I bought the C9  yesterday at Good Guys Chadstone for $3995. Got it delivered today.

Easy set up all around for input devices and streaming.

Great picture. Sound only Ok but Netflix, Foxtel iQ4 coming through looking really good.

OK.

I know it's not 2019 but just found C8 65" new in the box at Good Guys Mandurah and forced them down to $2998.

Had been reserved at some stage and forgotten about.

Might be one of the last in OZ.

Being delivered next week.

I’ve had my 65” C9 for about two weeks now and absolutely loving it  I got a quote from The Good Guys in Mornington for $3820  but ended up picking one up from The Good Guys in Frankston for $3500 they where having some big homeware centre car park sale. now I just need to find the money to replace my Denon avr-3808  do you think I  could live on chicken noodles for year?