Sign in to follow this  
Bill125812

New Spendor Speakers at almost 1/2 price

Hi guys 

I was talking to Andrew up at Audiofix last week and he mentioned he had a pair of Spendor D9’s that have a RR of almost 17k going for $9800 brand new 

These speakers took a very long time from time of order ( when Andrew had the Spendor agency) til time of delivery, and the customer went in a different direction 

These are the newest versions are and in Cherry.  These are still In their cartons 

Astonishing price   $9800

contach Andrew at Audiofix if you interested 

Edited by Bill125812

Andrew is a great guy to deal with. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By overjp
      Price: $4000 Item Condition: excellent, with all the original accessories & packaging. Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: cash, bank transfer Reason for selling: no longer required. Further information: Dark Walnut, prefer local sale but can ship at buyer's risk and expense,
      not D7.2's.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By overjp
      Price: $4000 Item Condition: excellent, in dark walnut Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: cash, eft Reason for selling: change of direction Further information: Original boxes are available so shipping is possible at buyer's risk and expense. 

• By Salisbury 79
      Item: Pair of Spendor A9 speakers
      Price: $3000 - New price from memory was $8900, they are now discontinued with no direct replacement
      Item Condition: Used but in very good condition - see photos
      Reason for selling: Have moved up in the Spendor food chain and purchased D9.2's ($13,000 under the previous distributor and then initially $16,000 under the new distributor and now apparently $17,750 just over the course of this year - not happy Jan.....)
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I would describe the sound of these as being more on the tighter, quicker and more detailed side 

I don't have packing but if someone who can't pick them up is keen I can give you dimensions for you to organise Pack & Send. I can deliver them to a PAck &  Send depot near me

Here is a review from What Hi Fi

Spendor A9 review | What Hi-Fi?
      WWW.WHATHIFI.COM Best stereo speakers £3000+, Awards 2010. The A9 is another excellent Spendor speaker that couples unassuming looks with masterful performance

Photos: 

• By Cybrarian
      Item: Spendor D7 Speakers in dark walnut
      Price: $4300
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Cash, PayPal, or bank transfer
      Extra Info: A very reluctant sale due to my plans for dedicated listening room being blocked. In mint condition & only two years old they are currently driven by a Luxman L-507UXII with aplomb. Current RRP is $9200. Will ship interstate @ buyers expense. Speaker grills, original boxing & owners manual are included.
      Spendor D7 specifications
      Spendor D7 reviews: Wall of Sound, Stereophile & The Absolute Sound

• By Believe1980s
      Spendor A1 bookshelf Speakers are my new weapon.

I thought my Naim 5si 60W amp can push it on fantastic point. I am wrong.  Focal is far more matching the Naim.

Spendor A1 is 84dB, so after i tried Rotel RB1552 120W Power amp + RC1550 pre amp, i believe the at least 100w will be needed on this 84dB A1. The problem is tone of Rotel is terrible on Spendor. The next amp i tried is Marantz PM7005 60W which is better tone,  but back to the power issue. Still not happy with that.

So Naim 5si, Rotel RB1552 and Marantz PM7005 won't match Spendor A1. What is my next step?

Happy to hear any advice and discussion.

Thanks.