FS: Focal Chorus 700v Active Subwoofer (Relist)

Item: Focal Chorus 700v Active Subwoofer
Price: $675.00  $600 - now just $450

Very Good Condition
Reason for selling: House funds
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Hi all

I bought this 18 months ago from another member (Original ad). When he says "it's nearly mint", he wasn't kidding. He even had a ring binder with all the documentation in it in immaculate condition, let alone the sub! 

I've paired it with my Focal Utopia Mini's with great success. In fact, remarkable success, considering the range (and price!) difference between the Utopias and the Chorus products.  I imagine that's got to do with the setup - I'm running the Utopias on a computer desk as a near-field setup. The sub complements them perfectly - in fact, the moment I got the integration perfect, I haven't moved it a centimetre since! 

This isn't a extension monster - I wouldn't suggest it as a HT sub, or for ground pounding duties in music. Whilst it pumps out a decent amount of bass, the thing it does do extremely well is give the main speakers the ability to breath. I've always run my Focal "bookshelves" in a niche system, revolving around female vocals, acoustic guitars, folk and classical music, due to their incredible detail. Pushing them with heavier styles of music never worked. 

Add in a sub, and it's a different ball game. There is literally NOTHING I can't play on this system at the moment that makes me want to hit "next". Music from Alice in Chains, and Leo Moracchioli, for example, is now enjoyable on the Focals - no need to switch rooms and B&W it up!

I'd be happy to discuss a discount if you buy the yet-to-be-listed Focals as a package.

I have no original packaging, but will box it up with a tonne of padding and secure it extremely well!

Thanks for looking

Pictures:

20190427_103137.jpg

20190427_103122.jpg

20190427_103116.jpg

20190427_103153.jpg

20190427_103211.jpg

20190427_103202.jpg

20190427_103217.jpg

20190427_103238.jpg

Edited May 2 by dasherhalo

• Like 1