Sign in to follow this  
James14

Fyne Audio Owners & Discussion Thread

Any views on Fyne Audio F501's or any of their range? I realise they aren't available in Australia yet but understand they aren't far away (Em Audio), and they are in New Zealand. Thanks

I’ve not heard of them before, but it looks like they have some interesting and well thought out products at reasonable prices.

I’m particularly fond of dual concentric drivers, so it will be interesting to see how the company goes.

https://www.fyneaudio.com/product/f501/

https://www.fyneaudio.com/

Cheers,

SS

I think some ex engineers from tannoy started fyne audio 

Yes, the engineers are ex Tannoy.

I've heard, and had a play with a number of their 500 and 700 models during trials about 18 months ago.

I was seriously impressed by them, one of the best brands at their price point in terms of both sound and finish, actually awesome value at the price they were indicating at the time.

Sorry, I didn't take notes on individual models.

Cheers,

Jason.

Edited by koputai

Watch this brand. It's good, very good.

I've heard it Munich twice and Hong Kong once.

The entry level range was available first and I was asked by the MD to sit down and take a listen.

When finished, he asked me what I thought the price was. Needless to say, I was many thousands of dollars off! Good job I'm not responsible for pricing them!

I heard some higher end ones (not familiar with the model numbers) next and they just kept impressing.

Crappy hotel room environments so I'm looking forward to hearing them again soon.

Oh and speaking of crappy hotel rooms - they'll be at this year's show for all to hear in October. :)

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Watch this brand. It's good, very good.

I've heard it Munich twice and Hong Kong once.

The entry level range was available first and I was asked by the MD to sit down and take a listen.

When finished, he asked me what I thought the price was. Needless to say, I was many thousands of dollars off! Good job I'm not responsible for pricing them!

I heard some higher end ones (not familiar with the model numbers) next and they just kept impressing.

Crappy hotel room environments so I'm looking forward to hearing them again soon.

Oh and speaking of crappy hotel rooms - they'll be at this year's show for all to hear in October. :)

When l was going through my quest for speakers. Through my research these where high on my list. Those and the Deli Orbaron 5s.

Excellent reviews and a very reasonable price. Alas, at the time neither were available in Australia.

Must be good Karma because l ended up with some PMCs. And then because of these speakers, l had to up scale everything else in my setup. Its been a very enjoyable 6 months.😍

2 hours ago, surprisetech said:

Autocorrect strikes again?

No. Correct spelling. Hit Europe last year. Not here. Did you think l meant Rubicons?

10 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

No. Correct spelling. Hit Europe last year. Not here. Did you think l meant Rubicons?

Not even close. Dali Oberon.

47 minutes ago, deanB said:

Not even close. Dali Oberon.

The Delhi Oberoi?

El Salvador Dali dé Oberon.

The patron saint of premium fuel, hot pies and heated grips.

Edited by deanB

Use be something in the water - Seems to be a number of new speaker manufacturers popping up over there - just noticed these guys. 

http://www.ophidian.co.uk/p3.html

52E9319E-7D54-4DEE-AE05-D43725B100C5.jpeg

Edited by cafe67

14 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Heard the Deli at the Rubicon is both colder and wetter and that you need a Jeep.

And only to be crossed if you’re planning to conquer Rome.

F501 looks very interesting, 90dB sensitivity so might work well with lower powered tubes.. Wonder how tight the bottom end is on these for a medium-ish room..

Nobody got to hear any 500 series Fyne in Australia?