SOLD: Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends MK II - EX Demo

SOLD

Item: Ex Demo Omen Dirty weekends MKII
Price: $1,865 (plus shipping)
Item Condition: excellent
Reason for selling: ex demo
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends in Hickory. A high performance yet generally affordable, fully U.S. made loudspeaker that will deliver fantastic sound in any living room. Omen is not fussy with placement or with electronics, matching up nicely with most any amplifier or receiver modern or vintage. Omen is also built to last a lifetime, like everything we make—cabinet material, adhesives, driver assemblies… every component is a quality part engineered and built to create a loudspeaker system that will continually satisfy and amaze decade after decade.

Comes with 12 month warranty. ( these are the very latest versions) Condition mint

OMEN QUICK SPECS

Height: 36” [91.5 cm]
Footprint: 12 x 12” [30.5 x 30.5 cm]
Weight: 54 pounds [24 kg] each
Bandwidth: 35 – 25 kHz
Efficiency: 97 dB-SPL 1W, 1m
Impedance: 12 ohm
Power Amp Range: 4 – 300 watt
Made by us in our home town of Ogden, Utah—U.S.A.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG20190621153743.jpg

IMG20190621153645.jpg

Edited by HiFi Collector Adelaide
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Ihearmusic said:

ZU! The best speakers I have the pleasure of owning to date. My valve amplifiers love them, a specially my 300Bs.

300B.thumb.jpg.d721f3e71f5dbe93b39c39e60038b06c.jpg

And sound fantastic....:thumb:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ihearmusic said:

I love the way the ZU's look.

more organic then most of the others.

They do look somewhat organic and rustic and this has a lot of appeal. The lack of veneer matching may bother some people but I think with their form factor this is appropriate and I am aware that they work well with a wide variety of amplifiers, so power is not the issue, but quality certainly is.

Good buying here.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a pair of Zu Cubes which are wonderful but obviously bass deficient ( I augment with Rel subwoofer ). I'm very tempted to get the Dirty Weekends as they are more of an integrated unit but I'm worried what I'd gain in bass etc I might lose in a bit of sophistication. What's your assessment Tim? Thanks Peter.

Hi,

Sorry i cant see the back plate.  Are these dirty weekenders or Omen Mark 2's?

As i understand - the Zu boys place new drivers and electronics into recycled cabinets for the DW's but i did not think they are for sale in Aus.  

Guest deanB

I thought the Dirty Weekend designation might have been because the hickory veneer on each speaker isn't a close enough match.