Sign in to follow this  
Beeman

EXPIRED: Rebuilt 1962 Denon Nippon Columbia 12ay7/6072 Valve Phono-stage, SUT & Separate Valve Rectified Power Supply

Item: Rebuilt 1962 Denon Nippon Columbia 12ay7/6072 Valve Phono-stage, SUT & Separate Valve Rectified Power Supply
Price: $4,250.00 AUD or trade for substantial power  amp?
Item Condition: Vintage refurbished
Reason for selling: I have 2 & keeping 1 forever  
Payment Method: Pickup - International Delivery - Cash, Paypal, COD
Extra Info: 1962 Denon Nippon Columbia Valve 12ay7/6072 Phono-stage model AP - D78A including a switchable pair of Tamura 351 moving coil step up transformers separate valve rectified power supply. 

This is as rare as high quality usable vintage audio equipment gets. 

Originally built in the early 1960's and designed for radio station broadcast use, matched with the Denon 103 moving coil cartridge (still in production today). The specs for this phono stage work with many quality cartridges including Denon, EMT, Koetsu & others, easy to match. 

The circuit is updated using an Audio Note design to provide the dynamics & bandwidth demanded by modern audio systems & recordings. The undeniable fact is "they knew how to wind transformers back then". High quality audio grade components used throughout including Audionote capacitors. The sound is spectacular. The definition is razor sharp but never brittle or fatiguing. Bass slam is stunning. This is the total package. 

I have owned many systems but never before have I honestly said the speakers disappear. In one recording the conga player was 2 x meters outside & beyond the right speaker (system dependent). 

A superb moving magnet valve phono-stage, combine that with a switchable pair of original 351 Tamura moving coil step transformers worth well over $500.00 & this is a giant killer. In a recent audition it spanked a new phono-stage worth more than twice the asking price. 

It comes with the best of the best balanced GE triple mica blackplate 12ay7/6072 tubes, also spare sets of GE greyplates & the second best a set of NOS balanced RCA 12ay7. High quality NOS Philips rectifier. I will throw in some new production tubes as well. Over $600.00 worth of tubes. 

Only selling as I built 2 & will be keeping the other one forever. Grab a once in a lifetime chance to own a modernized piece of audio equipment history & then settle back to hear what your record collection was supposed to sound like........

Photos: 

Denon.jpg

20190121_121203.jpg

20190121_125102.jpg

20190121_121210.jpg

20190121_121351.jpg

2-Copy.jpg

Audio-enclosure-naked.jpg

Edited by Beeman

Beautiful setup

Wow! This is something  I would like to hear. So this is in New Zealand and pick-up only, correct?

Hi - yes it is in New Zealand but I can pack & send at the buyers cost no problem. Regards

Here is a list of great questions & answers FYI

This is 230/240 vac operation?

- 110 volt operation requires a stepdown for 240

The rectifier tube is what?

- Philips Dario 6X4

Two 12ay7 in the phono cct? One per channel!

- 2 x 12ay7/6072 1 per channel plus 1 x 12ay7/6072 split so 3 x tubes in total

The Mc transformer is included and part of the unit?

- Yes 2 x original Tamura 351 SUT fitted in the unit

So input into this phono is MC direct?

- The unit is MM direct with a switch per channel to engage the SUT's

Any MM input to bypass the step up transformer?

- yes no problem switchable between the MM/MC 1 x input

What are choke and power transformer? Japan manufacture? Original?  Brand?

- Sorry dont know the choke. Power transformers are Nippon Columbia (Denon), Japanese manufacture 1962 unmolested transformers. original. Brand is Nippon Columbia. They were originally mounted in a 1962 RP 53 turntable broadcast turntable cabinet which I still have including the turntable (if your interested). Modern Audionote topography using the original iron. 

Delivery to Melbourne possibility?

- Sure no problem I have shipped many things to OZ including an Aura turntable

Questions welcome

20180823-182349.jpg

20190621_191148[1].jpg

20190621_191204[1].jpg

1071295983 (1).jpg

Edited by Beeman

This phono stage has the ability to pick out the minute detail in music like the sound of the snare brush as it scrapes the skin & touches the rim in Nathan Haines fabulous recording on the record shown below. Detail is is located solidly in the sound-stage no matter the density of the piano & wind instruments & other dynamic sounds. Speakers disappear leaving the individual instruments located in your listening room with complete realism... 

1071301558.jpg

Edited by Beeman

Would consider trading for a substantual power amp cash either way - WHY?

Sold elsewhere - thanks anyway 

This advertisement has been withdrawn or the offer has expired.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Woody4572
      Item Condition: Excellent, as new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on pickup etc. Reason for selling: NLR Further information: This fantastic preamp is a game changer. So much bang for your buck here! Sounds amazing and will perform well above its small price tag!!

This is in Excellent condition. Almost brand new with no marks or faults. Sad to see this one go but I’ve bought a Moon Preamp and no longer need this little beauty.

Purchased from Adicted to Audio.
      RRP: $340.

Photos: 

• By Warren M.
      Item Condition: Used - excellent condition with original packaging Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Bronte (Sydney Eastern Suburbs) State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup, EFT Reason for selling: Changed to all-tube amplification Further information: 

Price is negotiable!!!

Jasmine LP 2.0 Mk2, which was the upgraded and improved model from the justly famous Jasmine 2.0 SE.

Build quality and sound quality are just astonishing for the price! Note that you would need to pay about 4 times what I am asking to get the current solid state model.

This unit has been further enhanced with some replacement audiophile-quality components in the power supply including teflon-coated solid core silver wiring, Philips Vishay 63V caps, etc, soldered using top quality Cardas high-silver-content solder. Modifications were made by TTW, then member of stereo.net.au forums, who is a certified Australian electrical engineer.

While the performance is truly amazing for the price, you could further improve it with replacement components in the MM stage, if you wanted.

I note that one of these has just sold on US Ebay for about AU$680 plus shipping.

Package weight is a little below 8kg. This is not a lightweight phono preamp in any way.

[Current models are the Jasmine LP 3.0 Mk1 (about AU$1600 + shipping from China + taxes), and the all-tube Jasmine LP 4.0 (about AU$3500 + shipping + taxes)]

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
      This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Photos:

• By GazmanAus
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Coffs Harbour State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, Cash or Direct Deposit Reason for selling: No long needed Further information: 
      Great Sounding cartridge, but I’m no long playing Vinyl.
      Price includes postage

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By timelord9
      Price: $1150 Item Condition: Used - Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Raising capital for domestic transducer development. Further information: 

Photos:
      Purchased 2nd hand last year, this amp has seen very little use. I have the original box, and am happy to post Aust-wide. The amp is in perfect working order and buyers can demo with my Focals. Pick up from Thornbury or Abbotsford.  

Specs: 
      Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 0.5 dB, 20 Hz - 50 kHz +/-2 dB Nominal Output Power RMS / 8 Ohm: 2 x 150 Watt Nominal Output Power RMS / 4 Ohm: 2 x 250 Watt Nominal Output Power Class A / 8 Ohm: 2 x 10 Watt Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 1 Watt) Input Sensitivity: 300 mV Signal-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB Input Impedance: 47 kOhm Inputs: 4 x Stereo RCA, 1 USB Outputs: 1 x Stereo RCA Pre Out, 1 x Stereo RCA Rec Out, 4 x 2 Speaker Terminal, 2 x 3.5 mm Jack (Power Control) Tubes: 1 x 12AX7; 2 x 6N1P-EV Colour: Black  Weight: 20.4 kg Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 152 x 435 mm  
      Comes with remote. 

Note: This is the original SV237. The link below is with the updated digital input.

https://www.vincent-tac.de/en/product-lines/tubeline/sv-237mk.html

• By Prana69
      Price: $175 Item Condition: Excellent 9/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Mordialloc State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup. Reason for selling: NLR Item: Pro-Ject Phono Box SE ii
      Extra Info: Well regarded external phono amp offering MM and MC capability.  I've used it with MC carts Denon DL-110 and Denon-103R and MM carts Shure V15 iii and Grace F-8 with great results.  Very quiet background and very musical.  Flexible with capacitance loading using jumpers on back.  External PSU.

I don't have the original box but will pack safely for postage.  Manual available online.

Pictures: