Sign in to follow this  
Beeman

EXPIRED: Rebuilt 1962 Denon Nippon Columbia 12ay7/6072 Valve Phono-stage, SUT & Separate Valve Rectified Power Supply

Posted (edited)

Item: Rebuilt 1962 Denon Nippon Columbia 12ay7/6072 Valve Phono-stage, SUT & Separate Valve Rectified Power Supply
Price: $4,250.00 AUD or trade for substantial power  amp?
Item Condition: Vintage refurbished
Reason for selling: I have 2 & keeping 1 forever  
Payment Method: Pickup - International Delivery - Cash, Paypal, COD
Extra Info: 1962 Denon Nippon Columbia Valve 12ay7/6072 Phono-stage model AP - D78A including a switchable pair of Tamura 351 moving coil step up transformers separate valve rectified power supply. 

This is as rare as high quality usable vintage audio equipment gets. 

Originally built in the early 1960's and designed for radio station broadcast use, matched with the Denon 103 moving coil cartridge (still in production today). The specs for this phono stage work with many quality cartridges including Denon, EMT, Koetsu & others, easy to match. 

The circuit is updated using an Audio Note design to provide the dynamics & bandwidth demanded by modern audio systems & recordings. The undeniable fact is "they knew how to wind transformers back then". High quality audio grade components used throughout including Audionote capacitors. The sound is spectacular. The definition is razor sharp but never brittle or fatiguing. Bass slam is stunning. This is the total package. 

I have owned many systems but never before have I honestly said the speakers disappear. In one recording the conga player was 2 x meters outside & beyond the right speaker (system dependent). 

A superb moving magnet valve phono-stage, combine that with a switchable pair of original 351 Tamura moving coil step transformers worth well over $500.00 & this is a giant killer. In a recent audition it spanked a new phono-stage worth more than twice the asking price. 

It comes with the best of the best balanced GE triple mica blackplate 12ay7/6072 tubes, also spare sets of GE greyplates & the second best a set of NOS balanced RCA 12ay7. High quality NOS Philips rectifier. I will throw in some new production tubes as well. Over $600.00 worth of tubes. 

Only selling as I built 2 & will be keeping the other one forever. Grab a once in a lifetime chance to own a modernized piece of audio equipment history & then settle back to hear what your record collection was supposed to sound like........

Photos: 

Denon.jpg

20190121_121203.jpg

20190121_125102.jpg

20190121_121210.jpg

20190121_121351.jpg

2-Copy.jpg

Audio-enclosure-naked.jpg

Edited by Beeman

Beautiful setup

Wow! This is something  I would like to hear. So this is in New Zealand and pick-up only, correct?

Hi - yes it is in New Zealand but I can pack & send at the buyers cost no problem. Regards

Posted (edited)

Here is a list of great questions & answers FYI

This is 230/240 vac operation?

- 110 volt operation requires a stepdown for 240

The rectifier tube is what?

- Philips Dario 6X4

Two 12ay7 in the phono cct? One per channel!

- 2 x 12ay7/6072 1 per channel plus 1 x 12ay7/6072 split so 3 x tubes in total

The Mc transformer is included and part of the unit?

- Yes 2 x original Tamura 351 SUT fitted in the unit

So input into this phono is MC direct?

- The unit is MM direct with a switch per channel to engage the SUT's

Any MM input to bypass the step up transformer?

- yes no problem switchable between the MM/MC 1 x input

What are choke and power transformer? Japan manufacture? Original?  Brand?

- Sorry dont know the choke. Power transformers are Nippon Columbia (Denon), Japanese manufacture 1962 unmolested transformers. original. Brand is Nippon Columbia. They were originally mounted in a 1962 RP 53 turntable broadcast turntable cabinet which I still have including the turntable (if your interested). Modern Audionote topography using the original iron. 

Delivery to Melbourne possibility?

- Sure no problem I have shipped many things to OZ including an Aura turntable

Questions welcome

20180823-182349.jpg

20190621_191148[1].jpg

20190621_191204[1].jpg

1071295983 (1).jpg

Edited by Beeman

Posted (edited)

This phono stage has the ability to pick out the minute detail in music like the sound of the snare brush as it scrapes the skin & touches the rim in Nathan Haines fabulous recording on the record shown below. Detail is is located solidly in the sound-stage no matter the density of the piano & wind instruments & other dynamic sounds. Speakers disappear leaving the individual instruments located in your listening room with complete realism... 

1071301558.jpg

Edited by Beeman

Would consider trading for a substantual power amp cash either way - WHY?

Sold elsewhere - thanks anyway 

This advertisement has been withdrawn or the offer has expired.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d_caruso
      Item: Genelex Gold Lion 12ax7 tube - gold pins
      Price: $48
      Item Condition: As new
      Reason for selling: surplus
      Payment Method: EFT by mobile
      Extra Info: This is the gold pin version. Current production Russian made tube. Bought new for project but never used.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By d_caruso
      Item: Telefunken 1950s red tip medical 12ax7 tube
      Price: $190
      Item Condition: As new
      Reason for selling: surplus
      Payment Method: EFT to mobile
      Extra Info: Ribbed plates. Tested as a new tube from person I bought it off. I only tried it out for an hour or so in my phono stage. Clear, detailed Telefunken sound with stacks of separation and a huge soundstage. A really 3D tube in my setup. Very quiet.

• By mrf0ster
      Item: PrimaLuna EVO 400 Tube Integrated Amplifier (EL34) Black
      Price: $5000.00  ONO (RRP: $6995.00)
      Item Condition: MINT (UNMARKED with ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING)
      Reason for selling: Change in personal circumstances
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info:

It is with the utmost regret and disappointment that I am selling this tube amp. Due to a change in personal circumstances I can no longer enjoy the sweet sweet sounds. (This amp is only 5 months old.)
      I am open to any reasonable offer.
      Thank you.

Product Description:
      https://www.primaluna-usa.com/primaluna-evo-400-tube-integrated

• By robio_d
      Item:  Custom Lampizator Amber 2 R2R & Volume Control
      Price: $4800AUD - Won't go any lower.
      Item Condition: Mint/Near New
      Reason for selling: Change of direction
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:

Pretty much NIB Custom Lampizator Amber 2. This is no ordinary Amber 2 though, with the same R2R DAC board from the Atlantic, 44khz Super Clock, 5v 5Y3 Rectifier, the Baltic Analog output section with 6N6P tubes, remote volume control with analog in and dual parallel analog outputs, rca spdif, toslink, BNC and USB - The works! I was informed by the NZ dealer that the final tuning was done by Lukasz himself.

I had this delivered in Feb 2019, with big plans for an entire new system based around the Lampizator, but life circumstances changed and I have downsized my system significantly. It had approx 1 months use and has been boxed since then. I was hoping to put it back in the system, but time to let it go to a home where it will see the use it deserves.

This is a very flexible and amazing sounding DAC/Pre that can be the control centre of your entire system. The lampizator sound is in full effect: detailed, musical, smooth, big and what I can only describe as expensive sounding. I have fully tested prior to listing and everything is 100%.

The Lampizator is an absolutely mint condition with both Factory warranty stickers intact, which means there is over 4 years to go on the Lampizator transferable warranty.

The Power supply is switchable between 230v and 115V so good for the most of the world.

If you are in the market for a new Lampizator Amber, get this instead and grab $2400nzd of upgrades for free for less than the price of the current Amber. I'll even throw in an extra set of 6N6P and an extra 5Y3.

Shipping to Aus would be approx $250 AUD.  I'll go halves on PayPal fees.

Will consider trade/exchange for a banging set of higher power Tube Mono Blocks - for those that would love the DAC but don't have $5k sat around BUT (like most of us) have a bunch of extra gear collecting dust   If you have something post in the comments and I'll check em out.  Looking for 60W plus.  Not looking to spend extra so must be lower, on or marginally over the price.  So no $15k amps unless your willing to drop a $hit ton and give me a nice xmas pressie!

• By robio_d
      Item:  Custom Lampizator Amber 2 R2R & Volume Control
      Price: $5100AUD
      Item Condition: Mint/Near New
      Reason for selling: Change of direction
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:

Pretty much NIB Custom Lampizator Amber 2. This is no ordinary Amber 2 though, with the same R2R DAC board from the Atlantic, 44khz Super Clock, 5v 5Y3 Rectifier, the Baltic Analog output section with 6N6P tubes, remote volume control with analog in and dual parallel analog outputs, rca spdif, toslink, BNC and USB - The works! I was informed by the NZ dealer that the final tuning was done by Lukasz himself.

I had this delivered in Feb 2019, with big plans for an entire new system based around the Lampizator, but life circumstances changed and I have downsized my system significantly. It had approx 1 months use and has been boxed since then. I was hoping to put it back in the system, but time to let it go to a home where it will see the use it deserves.

This is a very flexible and amazing sounding DAC/Pre that can be the control centre of your entire system. The lampizator sound is in full effect: detailed, musical, smooth, big and what I can only describe as expensive sounding. I have fully tested prior to listing and everything is 100%.

The Lampizator is an absolutely mint condition with both Factory warranty stickers intact, which means there is over 4 years to go on the Lampizator transferable warranty.

The Power supply is switchable between 230v and 115V so good for the most of the world.

If you are in the market for a new Lampizator Amber, get this instead and grab $2400nzd of upgrades for free for less than the price of the current Amber. I'll even throw in an extra set of 6N6P and an extra 5Y3.

Shipping to Aus would be approx $250 AUD.