Sign in to follow this  
Syrot

What model Sonique speaker is this?

Hi All, trying to work out what model Sonique Speakers these are.  I have had them for a while and bought them from the original owner because they sounded brilliant when they were demoed to me.   They still sound brilliant and are quite revealing and detailed.

I was told they were the top end Sonique 7.5SE with upgraded internals.  At the time I really didn’t care since I was using my ears to do the choosing and that what really counts.  From the pictures you can see on the manufacturing label there in no reference to the model number. (it is the same on both speakers)

IMG_20190620_125437.thumb.jpg.1fcc67765547cf8637a01bc1b01ebce7.jpg

Any one got any ideas just from the looking at the pictures.  I may be selling them in the near future so I don’t want to lead the prospective buyer on with false information.

IMG_20190620_125355.jpg

IMG_20190620_125335.jpg

IMG_20190620_125520.jpg

Edited by Syrot
Better header title

That is the only info on-line I have ever found, so hoping maybe someone who has owned a set can confirm.  Though pretty sure they don't  weigh 32 Kg as noted in the brochure (lighter).

At least it does mention "woofers utilise the latest cone technology, with solid copper rings and phase plug

They look like the 7.5. They could be the special edition because the special edition looks the same.

4A90453F-12A2-47A0-853D-5EF2E8085B78.jpeg

A very old one that needs some cleaning 

Reckon I might have one of those bass drivers floating around somewhere... Seas W17EX something from memory.

1 hour ago, Decky said:

A very old one that needs some cleaning 

Ha Ha, actually I give them a dust every few weeks... just not the back and the camera always shows up more.  As for old, it is all a matter of perspective. I am sure the Soniques still think they are as good as new models from other brands.  :) 

Thanks Alfred for the pics about the speakers.  So it doesn't look like it is a Sonique 7.5SE model as the front baffle is different (unless the front baffle was flat on the 7.5's).  And it looks more likely to be the Sonique 7.5 Reference.   So what is the actual difference?  Does the Reference have better drivers or is it just a model before the SE range came out?

Can you unbolt the plate at the bottom where the binding posts are and carefully pull it out a bit?.

I'm assuming that's the crossover and it might say on there what model it is.