SOLD: FS: Marantz CD6004 CD Player

SOLD

Item: Marantz CD6004 CD Player
Price:  $350
Item Condition: Like new
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Have this fabulous  CD player sitting around not getting used. Its really very good - I put it into my system last night to test and photograph it, and I'd forgotten how good it sounded. I was so taken with the sound that I played through a couple of CD's before I stopped. Has a USB input on the front so its very versatile, and can be used as a transport. Also allows you to switch off the USB input, display and digital outputs to improve the sound quality - which is the mode I use it in.

The previous model was highly lauded and reviewed, beating everything at its price point and then some. This model sports a new CD mechanism, upgraded power supply, brand new DAC, new amplifier module and a new, vibration-eliminating solid metal bottom-plate. It looks much more expensive than it is, and the quality of the case and buttons would make you think so to. 

The CD player reproduces music in a rich, detailed but dynamic way, and has a way with rhythm that is really infectious.

See What Hifi for a great review, which pretty much sums up what I think: https://www.whathifi.com/marantz/cd6004/review

Alas I have too much gear and the upgrade bug has bitten me bad so I have to clear the decks, raise some funds and say goodbye to some of this lovely gear.

Comes with a Marantz remote and a standard power cable if you need one, but I dont have the original packaging so I'm more interested in pick at this point. If you're interstate and really keen drop me a line and I might consider it depending on how much interest I get.

Donation to SNA on successful sale.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

6004-Front.jpg

6004-FrontEdge.jpg

6004-BackEdge.jpg

6004-Back.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

The previous model was highly lauded and reviewed, beating everything at its price point and then some. This model sports a new CD mechanism, upgraded power supply, brand new DAC, new amplifier module and a new, vibration-eliminating solid metal bottom-plate. It looks much more expensive than it is, and the quality of the case and buttons would make you think so to. 

I've owned the previous model mentioned here (CD6003) for many years and have to say that it gave me many years of fuss free service. Punched way above it's price point, did not skip any CDs and was rock solid. 

If the model listed here has quite a few upgrades from the one I had, definitely a bargain at this price!

2 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Maybe a silly question but does the USB input mean it can be used as a standalone dac (ie connect can you connect a computer to it via USB)?

I think so but you'll have to look up the manual...

3 hours ago, Darkaub said:

OK - I'm interested in taking this off your hands if you can't get a local buyer. I'm in Perth so shipping will, of course, be necessary. Let me know what you think...

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave. Have some local interest but if doesnt get picked up by Sunday I'll be in-touch!