cultfilman

Cricket Season 2019/20.

I agree that it looked like a howler but they were saying on ABC radio that as the front of the foot lands, the back of the boot can be in the air as long as part of it is behind the back of the crease line....ie: the back of the boot doesn't have to actually contact the ground behind the line. I reckon the third umpire has deemed it to be line ball and given the benefit of the doubt to the bowler.

It grates more because that 'benefit of doubt' historically usually goes to the batsman. The batsman in this case was definitely unlucky.

Overall, today was a great day for Australia, the low light being Burns getting out so close to a deserved century. Warner's back, albeit riding some good fortune and Labuschagne looks solid as.....and Smith hasn't even batted yet.

Wouldn't want to be a Pakistan cricket fan at the moment.😕

Edited by stevoz

Wow....Steve Smith is human.😄

7 hours ago, stevoz said:

Wow....Steve Smith is human.

He is..and here we were thinking he was a machine. 

Refreshing to see some others scoring the big runs for a change.. with Smithy just an onlooker.

Aussies now with a mere 7 more to take what will be a crushing victory

29 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

Is Warner going to get a thousand facing this attack.????

No.

24 minutes ago, Luc said:

No.

I don't like him either but he looks determined.

This is as ordinary bowling attack you will ever get.

Edited by Tony ray

This not going to interupt sleep.

Mercy rule now.

Warner 95 in the extended 1st session. If he gets another 90 to get to 350 by dinner I wonder if the Aussies will declare.

3 hours ago, Tony ray said:

Warner to get to 400?

Or at least Hayden's 380?

3 hours ago, Tony ray said:

Warner to get to 400?

401, then retire.   Highest test score by anyone then.

Paines a joy kill. 335 no, with one chance on 226 . not every day you see that. well down Warner.

I normally love watching test cricket but am losing interest fast in this lop-sided (contest).

It is very lop sided but I am licking my lips at the prospect of the upcoming NZ series. It should be a cracker.....they are toweling up the Poms at the moment.

Edited by stevoz

Stark is certainly putting egg on the selectors face by picking Siddle over him in the Ashes.

Any views on the Channel 7 coverage now that we have had a good chance to see their test match coverage?

I'm preferring them to Channel 9 at this stake - IMHO ;)

1 hour ago, wolster said:

Any views on the Channel 7 coverage now that we have had a good chance to see their test match coverage?

I'm preferring them to Channel 9 at this stake - IMHO ;)

I much prefer the Seven coverage of Test cricket over Nines but I am not happy overall that they got the cricket telecast rights. I was very happy they lost the tennis.....but my beef with Seven is their (and Foxtels) putting international limited over cricket behind a paywall.

After bragging in the lead up to their first season last year of being the 'new home of cricket' and featuring 50 over and 20/20 highlights in their promotions to cries of 'every ball' and 'every match', when the first limited over match came around, not even the players knew that the match was not on free to air TV. To me, Seven are just lying scum.

......and don't even get me started on their half arsed Big Bash coverage.😩

Edited by stevoz

Happy not to have the same old idiots 'joking ' with each other like they're half cut down the pub.

4 minutes ago, stevoz said:

I much prefer the Seven coverage of Test cricket over Nines but I am not happy overall that they got the cricket telecast rights. I was very happy they lost the tennis.....but my beef with Seven is their (and Foxtels) putting international limited over cricket behind a paywall.

After bragging in the lead up to their first season last year of being the 'new home of cricket' and featuring 50 over and 20/20 highlights in their promotions to cries of 'every ball' and 'every match', when the first limited over match came around, not even the players knew that the match was not on free to air TV. To me, Seven are just lying scum.

......and don't even get me started on their half arsed Big Bash coverage.😩

Don't blame Seven, blame Cricket Australia.  they signed this new deal.

why don't 7 have two HD channels like 9?    watching the cricket on SD during the break is a total joke.  It's as if 7 want you to go to Foxtel to watch.

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Don't blame Seven, blame Cricket Australia.  they signed this new deal.

why don't 7 have two HD channels like 9?    watching the cricket on SD during the break is a total joke.  It's as if 7 want you to go to Foxtel to watch.

Yeah, that's true and a point I overlooked. I like bashing Seven too much.🙂

It is a bad deal though and one which hopefully changes once they realise that it's bad for attendances for international limited overs games because no one knows those games are on. The crowds at the early season games were shocking.....and it was noted back then that it was likely because it's now on pay TV. CA are shortsighted......

Edited by stevoz