Cricket Season 2019/20.

18 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Indeed.....a great cricketer and nice bloke.....and a Headingly nightmare for us all those years ago. Vale.....

Way too soon. RIP. 

His 8/43 against Australia is ranked by Wisdon as the 7th best bowling performance of all time. 

He joins a small list of legends from that era who have passed, including Martin Crowe, Malcolm Marshall, Gary Gilmour, Tony Greig and David Hookes. 

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Like 2
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GO GIRLS!!!. World champs once again. Excellent game. The premier cricket team in the world in both men and women's cricket. WD!! 86,000 fans come out on a Sunday night in Bleak City...WD!.

Begs the question doesn't it. He'll never be in the same league as Don Bradman  or Herbert Sutcliffe or truth be told, a whole heap of great batsmen.   He either oversaw a planned cheat

Hope people realise that cricket is showing 95 GEM HD and are not using 92 GEM SD...

• Moderators

Good first session of cricket at Optus Stadium. Looking forward to going on Saturday. Twilight tickets for $20.

My only beef are the play times. 1pm is way too early to start a day/night test. I am told the lights will only come into full effect for the last 30 minutes of play. They said it is to encourage bigger crowds. What rubbish. Why can't they simply admit that it is for TV on the eastern seaboard?

On 01/12/2019 at 6:17 PM, metal beat said:

Don't blame Seven, blame Cricket Australia.  they signed this new deal.

why don't 7 have two HD channels like 9?    watching the cricket on SD during the break is a total joke.  It's as if 7 want you to go to Foxtel to watch.

Don't be surprised if Rupes buys 7. Rumour has it he has his eyes on it.

Great Test cricket, Wagner is a real goer. Bad luck with Fergieson.

Poor Kiwis never seem to have luck in Australia.

Maybe its karma for the All Blacks all ways beating us.

• Like 2

Went to bed when Wade was bowling 8th over of the innings.

Lyon must feel so disrespected.

Starc was bowling so well and Paine gives the ball to Wade after 3 Starc overs.

Looks like it all turned out alright in the end.

PS. have fun tonight Wolster🍺

• Like 1
7 hours ago, wolster said:

Not sure about Siddle coming into the squad for Boxing Day. Hope that Pattinson gets a run.

Also interesting will be the quality of the pitch.

If the pitch looks benign (as the MCG has been for a couple of years now) then Siddle may well get a run. He can bowl long accurate spells and leave the destructive stuff to Starc and Cummins. Cummins is too valuable for us to run him into the ground. Starc has never bowled long spells. Pattinson although probably next picked on a neutral pitch, still has a big ??? over his long term fitness. They were very cautious with him in England, again why ask him to bowl all day when Siddle is better suited.

On 14/12/2019 at 8:22 AM, Tony ray said:

Went to bed when Wade was bowling 8th over of the innings.

Lyon must feel so disrespected.

Starc was bowling so well and Paine gives the ball to Wade after 3 Starc overs.

Looks like it all turned out alright in the end.

PS. have fun tonight Wolster🍺

One bowler down.....someone had to bowl some extras.....and Wadey bowled a few pearlers!😄

8 hours ago, wolster said:

Not sure about Siddle coming into the squad for Boxing Day. Hope that Pattinson gets a run.

Me too.

I can understand why Siddle is back in the squad.....he just keeps on keeping on and delivering but admittedly, not always at Test level of late.

However, Patto is primed and ready......and due. Release him now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2019 at 9:51 AM, wolster said:

Pattinson certainly did get a run, didn't he? A bit one sided but still good viewing.

• Like 1

Bowled well did Patto....he's a bull, in the Rhino mold. Love him.....great to have him and Cummins back together....they were the future about five or six years back and finally the future has arrived! We have the best bowling attack in the world atm.....fun times ahead.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
14 hours ago, stevoz said:

Bowled well did Patto....he's a bull, in the Rhino mold. Love him.....great to have him and Cummins back together....they were the future about five or six years back and finally the future has arrived! We have the best bowling attack in the world atm.....fun times ahead.

Yep. Add Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon to those two and we are the envy of world cricket.

Thought I'd check in on cricket, Kiwis 4/20 odd!  Geez, would like some form of contest, think they would rather go home now. Hoping Blundell or Latham might have stepped up again.

Simple fact is, Kiwis don't have the bowling arsenal of what Australia has.  (Series overall)

Tosses have determined pretty much the outcome of each test. Kane W in hindsight would like to have that call again  in Melbourne.

Was hoping a fit Boult and Ferguson may have been able to take it up to Warner and Co.

Can't dispute Marnus, he values his wicket every time he goes out to bat. Davey W... have filtered what I think of him.

• 3 weeks later...

Well......that unnecessary mod warning killed this thread off didn't it? Sometimes I think our society resembles a kindergarten with way too much patronising hand slapping. 🙄

• Moderators
On 28/01/2020 at 8:41 AM, stevoz said:

Well......that unnecessary mod warning killed this thread off didn't it? Sometimes I think our society resembles a kindergarten with way too much patronising hand slapping. 🙄

I don't think it made any difference. Think it was more the boring cricket currently being the Big Bash.

Too many games squashed into a crammed time frame with the joke of a five team finals.

The crowds numbers have reflected the public mood.

Then again, maybe I'm biased cause the Scorchers were so crap this year ;)

.... and that mod warning has been removed.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd comment on the Women's T20 World Cup, which I am enjoying so far......except for Australia's opening loss of course.🙄

With India and now NZ ahead of us on the table it makes beating the Kiwis an absolute must with only he top two going through from the pool stage. Lose that game and the semi's, let alone the hoped for "biggest crowd to a women's sporting event n the world ever" in the final (no pressure ladies......) may be history.

It has to be said, as soon as the prospect of "****, we could lose this"!" entered their heads, they folded like a bad poker hand. Good to see Healy get back into some decent form but the rest were like deer's in headlights......😕

Having said that, I back them to get the job done. It may be the "loss they had to have😁" and of course, NZ or India could slip up in other games as well......will be interesting to see how our girls respond to their lack lustre opening performance.

• 2 weeks later...

GO GIRLS!!!. World champs once again. Excellent game.

The premier cricket team in the world in both men and women's cricket. WD!!

86,000 fans come out on a Sunday night in Bleak City...WD!.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Luc said:

GO GIRLS!!!. World champs once again. Excellent game.

The premier cricket team in the world in both men and women's cricket. WD!!

86,000 fans come out on a Sunday night in Bleak City...WD!.

Here here. It was a great spectacle and a great game.....the Aussies came out swinging and the young Indians faltered under the pressure. Mooney is a star and thoroughly deserved her 'Player of the Tournament' award and Healey's all out 'hit or miss' approach thankfully paid off.....she was great.

Considering the 'virus', that was a magnificent crowd figure and I have no doubt, if not for Covid19, the attendance world record would have fallen.

Congratulations ladies and well done Melbourne!