cultfilman

Cricket Season 2019/20.

Well that was a win for the ages.  Day 1 looked ominous for the Aussies and the hole that was dug was deep.  One man carried the team back in to the game, and then to victory.  Just brilliant, glad I didn't miss it.  It's a privilege to watch Steve Smith play French cricket.  Now all we need is Warner to hit his straps.

Pleasure to watch, great to see everyone contributing, yes, S Smith has no fear. Interesting stat mentioned during the course of the test, he has averaged 100 in the first innings, in Test Cricket, for the last 6 years !!  Has the 2nd highest average in Test Cricket at the moment, behind Sir Donald.

Commentators are very good also, Athers, Nasser, Gower and Botham all very knowledgeable and don't dramatize. Just glad Healy and Slater aren't there commentating.

Our pace bowlers didn't give them anything, averaging mid 80mph pace on a 5th day pitch is remarkable. Testament to their ability and fitness, yes, they are professionals, however its always the inevitable, (trying to survive) and eventually succumb. Siddle and Pattinson deserved a wicket or two. 

Nathan Lyon just had to be patient, and sure enough the ball would land and turn in the right spot.

Good to shut some of that moronic crowd up.

3 minutes ago, mattd2308 said:

Pleasure to watch, great to see everyone contributing, yes, S Smith has no fear. Interesting stat mentioned during the course of the test, he has averaged 100 in the first innings, in Test Cricket, for the last 6 years !!  Has the 2nd highest average in Test Cricket at the moment, behind Sir Donald.

Commentators are very good also, Athers, Nasser, Gower and Botham all very knowledgeable and don't dramatize. Just glad Healy and Slater aren't there commentating.

Our pace bowlers didn't give them anything, averaging mid 80mph pace on a 5th day pitch is remarkable. Testament to their ability and fitness, yes, they are professionals, however its always the inevitable, (trying to survive) and eventually succumb. Siddle and Pattinson deserved a wicket or two. 

Nathan Lyon just had to be patient, and sure enough the ball would land and turn in the right spot.

Good to shut some of that moronic crowd up.

Good comment. Yep, there are dyckheads in every country. We have our fair share for sure. Usually that sort of spectator rubbish is reserved for the one day/20-20 crowds. They had there fun but hopefully silenced now. At least we don't have to listen to the hyped up music between overs.

Re the English commentators, occasionally I would listen to the radio broadcast, particularly late at night.

My signal to turn it off was whenever Boycott came on. How they still put up with his moranic comments is beyond me.

It's on again, fellow enthusiasts. 

That's if the forecasted rain at Lords holds off today.

We will soon know. 

Cats  n dogs falling out of the sky in London Town.

Weather looking better for this evening 🙏

16 minutes ago, wolster said:

Weather looking better for this evening 🙏

Yeah and I hope we win the toss and bat.  Strategy:  First idea:  That is how you win Test matches by being brave and batting first.  Second idea:  Get England toiling in the field for as long as we can since there are only 3 days between the Second and Third Test matches.

Good first hour but I wished we had batted first and played Starc.

1 hour ago, mikey d said:

Good first hour but I wished we had batted first and played Starc.

If we manage to win it, it will justify the way they've gone.

Can’t argue about picking Hazelwood.

Wow! That was some catch from Bancroft!

And Siddle finally gets his reward. Australia on top - at this stage...

Definitely on top. Stokes gone. Lovely bowling by Lyon.

...and it looks like I have my own little blog this evening ;)

Posted (edited)

@wolster Well you are a couple of hours behind the rest of us so you get the best of the cricket and European sport in general at viewer friendly hours. Us east coasters need our beauty sleep. I was nodding off just after Denley was dismissed, so called it a night.

Edited by blybo

Be advised that this topic is under Moderator Watch and may be locked at any time if it does not stay on topic or respectful of others views.