cultfilman

Cricket Season 2019/20.

Posted (edited)

Ben Oliver, the man who (with Justin Langer) led the renaissance of Western Australia cricket, will take over as national male and female team supremo with  former champion Olympic rower Drew Ginn OAM to oversee Australia's state and pathway programs.. including umpire development, talent identification plus sports science and medicine.

The dual high-profile CA appointments represent a restructure of the previous High Performance role as announced in the wake of Pat Howard's departure last November.

Is CA simply exchanging one bloke for another without a cricket background  to run our national sport?

Edited by cultfilman

Stuffed if I no what's happening but a rower overseeing cricket seems about right.

On a another topic they have certainly upset the balance in the One day side since Warner and smith have comeback. That and not picking Hazellwood to save him for the Ashes meets we have no chance of winning the World Cup. Defeated in the Semi final is my prediction.

Kwarjar and Marsh were travelling so well then they had to stuff with them.

WIN AT ALL COSTS  Cricket Australian moto.

Posted (edited)

@Tony Ray Hazlewood was injured when WC squad was picked. He is going well in the A side at the moment. He will get good Ashes prep when the four day games are played later in the tour.

Edited by cultfilman

Posted (edited)

One Aussie making a noise in English county cricket is this Qlander.
Marnus Labuchagne has a tidy 851 runs @65.46 for Welsh side Glamorgan plus has chipped in with the ball with 13 wickets @ 34.37 with his under rated leggies.

Edited by cultfilman

Maxwell and Stoinis are both useless when it counts.

If Usman has pulled a Hami they should give Wade a crack.

Wade is in as Kharjars replacement.

Who will they play Wade or Handscomb?

boundary count back, WTF???

What's wrong with a second super over? I haven't watched any of the closing stages but it seems like NZ may have missed a few golden opportunities along with some English good fortune

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, blybo said:

boundary count back, WTF???

What's wrong with a second super over? I haven't watched any of the closing stages but it seems like NZ may have missed a few golden opportunities along with some English good fortune

Totally agree - bloody ridiculous! If you have to look at the figures to determine a result then surely the team that lost fewest wickets in achieving the tied score should win - similar to how the Duckworth Lewis system factors in wickets down in rain affected scenarios.

Edited by Doppelganger

Stupid finish, another super over until you have a winner.

Boundary count back. First I've heard of that.

And I to thought the team that lost the least wickets would win.

Stoopid and dumb finish.

35 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

Boundary count back. First I've heard of that.

I wonder if the host nation gets any say in this rule? England have built their team around hitting the boundary more than others so would usually go in their favour, or is it just some attempt to create more exciting cricket. Amazingly we were talking about a possibility of a score of 500 in the world cup. The 2 best games I saw (NZ semi and final) were both low scoring but intriguing to watch.

Like I said never had heard about it but apparently England new of the rule before the game.

I cannot recognise the Poms winners and it should be a draw.

Even Ben Stokes dad said they should share it.

How long till the Stokes overthrows are known as "The bat of God"? I'm not suggesting he meant it at all, but that good fortune makes Smiths nutmeg run out in our Semi look ho hum

Posted (edited)

I thought It was a dead ball if it came off the bat.

Laws of cricket, I will never fully no them all.

I bet players start watching the incoming ball and accidentally get there bat in the way.

Edited by Tony ray

just heard on SEN1116 that as Stokes had not made his ground when the ball hit is bat, it should have been awarded 5 runs, not 6.

Seems lots of little things went against NZ and England had the rub of the green, including the LBW against Taylor.

Jason Roy should've been given LBW first ball. Staggers me this review system, fair enough if it doesn't pitch in line, it fulfilled 2 of the 3 criteria, in line and hitting stumps, and comes down to umpires call, what a crock.

Guptill should have been yelling at Boult to catch and throw to him, and yes, the 4 overthrows didn't help.

As I've read on various forums about the game, England didn't win it, they were awarded it.

Just have another Super over. Games of cricket are usually decided by how many runs a team scores.

Gutted for Guptill, hadn't faced any balls, yet he's got to hit 2 runs of the last ball!

No Starc, no Hazelwood. Big call. 

Now Anderson is injured. Intriguing situation

Be advised that this topic is under Moderator Watch and may be locked at any time if it does not stay on topic or respectful of others views.