Portable Bluetooth Speaker

Hi everyone,

There are many choices avail in the market for Bluetooth speakers and I just wanted to put it to the community to seek recommendations as to what they thought was the best sound quality and performance.

Thx all!

3 hours ago, Bunno77 said:

Cambridge Audio 

1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi

Cambridge Audio G2, around $150+

G2.jpg.bd30c472d7db85a026daf1514e8d5547.jpg

JJ

I've been using a G2 for 3-4 years, all around SE Asia and Australia, it has worked flawlessly during this period and can recommend one at the current low prices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neurone said:

I've been using a G2 for 3-4 years, all around SE Asia and Australia, it has worked flawlessly during this period and can recommend one at the current low prices.

Really appreciate the recommendation. I will definitely check out the Cambridge Audio G2

Ultimate Ears BOOM 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/ultimate-ears/ultimate-ears-boom-3-portable-bluetooth-speaker-ultraviolet-purple/336807/

My kids have had these for over three years (school & uni), waterproof floating, multiples can be synced together for party. Sounds great and good battery life and almost bullet proof.

• Like 3

Not very popular here in Australia, but check out Fugoo speakers - available for $260 AUD

https://www.catch.com.au/product/fugoo-sport-high-performance-waterproof-bluetooth-speaker-1113912/?offer_id=8735218&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_4Hk3pql4wIVlCQrCh3mHApNEAYYAiABEgIqHfD_BwE

I have this for the past 3 years or so and am still amazed at the quality of this. Battery life is excellent and I found it better than UE Boom & JBL models of a similar price. It's my daily player for background music. Not a very well known brand here, but very popular in the US. Check out the reviews in Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077N7ZY1N?aaxitk=JR31uENHvNlzG4unNlqUtw&pd_rd_i=B077N7ZY1N&pf_rd_p=9420597b-7dad-4cbd-a28d-7d676ac67378&hsa_cr_id=5760767340301&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=FUGOO Sport - Portable Rugged Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Waterproof Longest 40 Hrs Battery Life (Black%2FTeal)&sb-ci-a=B077N7ZY1N

Edited by anandpkumar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

After listening to ue booms, jbl's and Bose at jb hi fi, i bought a Bose Revolve+.

the others were a boomy mess. When compard side by side the Bose is much more composed.

For kids at the beach, those jbl's are winners but portable quite back ground music, the Bose Revolve + kills it.

not a bad speaker for the size and price paid. $439 at jb but price match amazon au for $285 :)

and ill have to add, im not a Bose fan.

"no highs, no lows, its gota be ......"

• 9 months later...

Hi all.  Reviving this thread if that’s ok?  The world of portable Bluetooth speakers moves fast!

I’m after a portable Bluetooth speaker for work.  It’s duty would be:

- in indoor rooms, medium sized, high ceiling

- random placement, usually on a surface about 600 off the floor, and about 0.3 to 1m from a wall

- lowish volumes to fill the room but enable the 6-10 people in the room to talk over music.  Thus, maybe refinement over boom?  Good quality bass at lower volumes would be nice though.

- all types of music

We have 2 UE products at home, and they’re great for kids, garden, shed.  Sound ok and seem really robust in all conditions.  I would 

not, however, suggest the sound quality is particularly exciting.....

I’ve always been oddly impressed by some of the older Bose units used by workmates.  Some other little plastic units have been awful!

Look forward to hearing latest ideas!

Mat