Regarding qAcoustics 3000 Series speaker set for theatre

Hey all,

i've been quite intested in the qAcoustics 3000 Series speaker set for a new home theatre

https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q-acoustics-3000-5-1-home-cinema-speaker-package.html

I've had LCR750 MK Speakers in the past and a set of SVS speakers (the older range), SVS PB2000 subwoofer and a few other brands over the years.

They definitely have a very nice look to them. I understand the subwoofer may not blow the house down but my relationship with my neighbours in a new place is probably more important at this stage. :

3000glosswhite_1_1.jpg

17 hours ago, MKSOUND_HT said:

Hey all,

i've been quite intested in the qAcoustics 3000 Series speaker set for a new home theatre

https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q-acoustics-3000-5-1-home-cinema-speaker-package.html

I've had LCR750 MK Speakers in the past and a set of SVS speakers (the older range), SVS PB2000 subwoofer and a few other brands over the years.

They definitely have a very nice look to them. I understand the subwoofer may not blow the house down but my relationship with my neighbours in a new place is probably more important at this stage. :

3000glosswhite_1_1.jpg

Hi 

You are not going down this slippery slope again? , but depends on room size, what you have powering the speakers, how loud your listening level is, you probably already know this from your past adventures in HT land. I've had Q Acoustic 3020 speakers as standmounts in the past and they are quite good for the money, would suit a 5.5m X 3.6 room with a decent HT Amp well if not listening at 100dB+ levels.

JJ

Edited by Janjuc

Hey all,

Thanks very much for your replies. Definitely a slippery slope hehe. Finally got a house of my own so that definitely opens up options hehe

I was considering the Klipsch Reference 5.1 Set as well as a full set of the SVS Prime speakers and a SB2000 or similar subwoofer as a comparision

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Been considering floorstanders or bookshelf speakers from the q Acoustics range at the moment. Considering the size of the subwoofer I think the floorstanders should help out a bit more with that low end range

21 minutes ago, MKSOUND_HT said:

Hey all,

Been considering floorstanders or bookshelf speakers from the q Acoustics range at the moment. Considering the size of the subwoofer I think the floorstanders should help out a bit more with that low end range

To do that I think you'd need a different crossover setting for the floorstander mains than the other speakers (centre, surrounds).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh sorry I worded that a bit funny. Sorry I mean't to say the floorstanders should assist quite a bit with the mid range (since the subwoofer is quite small)

I am actually making the choice to go with the Concept 20 Q Acoustic speakers with stands (4 of them) and the concept center with a Ritcher Thor 10.6 subwoofer.

Hey all,

I ended up going for 4x Q Acoustics Concept 20 speakers as well as 1x  Q Acoustics Concept Center.

I am thinking more on the Ricther Thor 10.6 subwoofer at this stage to match it up

My only issue at the moment is deciding on getting an all in one a/v receiver or seperate power amp and receiver (likely looking at emotiva at the moment)